SASS Wire Forum

Merry Christmas from the Sheriff

The concept of threatening entire civilian populations with criminal penalties is absurd, and an abuse of power.  Find a better way to communicate with and persuade the public to act in a responsible manner.  Try treating them like your neighbors; they are.

If the government ever tries to take your guns, I hope this is the guy they order to do it.  Something tells me he has the guts to refuse.

LL

Wish our San Diego County Sheriff had a backbone like him.

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Wish our San Diego County Sheriff had a backbone like him.

Looks like Sheriffs in Orange County and San Mateo County have joined the resistence, and are also refusing to enforce the Governor's order.   When the framework begins to fall apart, it's time for the Governor to switch to Plan B, mend some fences, and rethink his actions.

LL

Sounds like there’s SOME resistance to Emperor Nuisance and his dictatorship!!!

It's my understanding....and I don't say it is true or not....that in forty seven of the fifty states a County Sheriff is the highest elected LEO and cannot be forced to something known to be wrong.

Three states where this isn't so are Texas(where the Texas Rangers can-over rule a sheriff), Hawaii and Louisiana.

If this is so why can't we demand that th sheriffs do what is right and stand up dangerously stupid governors, deputy governors and all the other state officials.

I'd like to see some state officials cross the county line and be arrested by a sheriff.  I believe that is possible..........................BUT unlikely.

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Looks like Sheriffs in Orange County and San Mateo County have joined the resistence, and are also refusing to enforce the Governor's order.   When the framework begins to fall apart, it's time for the Governor to switch to Plan B, mend some fences, and rethink his actions.

LL

I'll bet that he'll double and then triples down. Mending fences and rethinking his dictatorial methods will never cross his mind. 

9 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Merry Christmas from Sheriff Bianco (after a short COVID speech  :rolleyes: )

Thank you for posting this, Hardpan!!!  I also appreciate the other factual sites that have been posted.  Uno and I are slated to travel to Cali this holiday season because our families really need us.  We were considering canceling because we didn't want things to turn into a financial or legal hardship on our friends and families.  It warms our hearts to hear those with common sense taking charge of as much of the situation as they can.  As of now, we will continue with our plans and look forward to seeing our friends and families.

52 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I'll bet that he'll double and then triples down. Mending fences and rethinking his dictatorial methods will never cross his mind. 

Bingo!!

When our betters use the phase "the science supports these measures"  the science they are referring to is pseudo science.  I read today a blog post that analyzed Covid related data for European countries & compared timing of restrictions & decrease in infection rate per million & Rt.  The conclusion was that in no country was there a correlation between when mask mandate was instituted and  reduction infection rate or Rt.  Based on incubation time you would expect the infection rate & Rt to show a decrease in two weeks.  What did show a strong correlation was instituting bans on gatherings of more than 10 people.  Also, banning outdoor dinning has never been a significant source of infections.

Rt is the average number of people infected by an infected individual.  If less than 1 the number of new infections decrease & greater than 1 new infections increase.

37 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

When our betters use the phase "the science supports these measures"  the science they are referring to is pseudo science. 

Emperor Newsom's Chief Scientist.

Weird Science - News and events - University of South Australia

12 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Emperor Newsom's Chief Scientist.

Weird Science - News and events - University of South Australia

Saw that same guy in Illinois. High fiving the Governor.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:13 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Merry Christmas from Sheriff Bianco (after a short COVID speech  :rolleyes: )

Now that's LEADERSHIP. Maybe Gov Newsome could take this sheriff's class and learn something?

2 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Now that's LEADERSHIP. Maybe Gov Newsome could take this sheriff's class and learn something?

Good thought, but ain't gonna happen.  The arrogant Nephew of Nancy is far too "special" to listen to mere mortals.  <_<

Archived