SASS Wire Forum

looks like a .22 day

Rye Miles #13621

I have 3 .22's, a Heritage .22/.22 mag, a Ruger Mark IV and a Marlin model 60. I'm going to drag 'em all to the indoor range and blast away! I have lots of .22 ammo.

Anyone else shooting today?

Me! :D

I am afraid they are going to shut down ranges here due to CoVid so I plan to go today and tomorrow. The last time I actually think I went through withdrawals and then I had wrist surgery. I couldn’t shoot or ride. :blink:

I might just do the same, Rye. I have a nice amount of .22 long rifle. Maybe I will take the .22s out to play. ;)

I just had a Henry .22 lever action fall into my hands. I should try to go shoot it before I take it out boating. I seem to have bad luck with firearms when I take them boating. Unfortunately, today is not the day. Too much on my schedule.

Yea RYE.

I love the .22 also.     I'll probably take a couple out with me but my focus today will be with both of my .460 Rowlands, 2 Super Blackhawk Hunters

in .45 Colt and sighting in my new FN 509.

..........Widder

Shot the CZ 457 Lux and the Ruger 10/22 with a 14-year-old grandson at the smallbore range at our local outdoor range, on Wednesday.  Loads of fun-- his first time shooting.

I'm shooting pretty regularly at this range. Limited to one guest, every other shooting station, but given that it's outdoors those are the only restrictions, even with our recent 'enhanced' shutdown.

It's a very nice range, in a nearby suburban location, but use has been pretty light these last few Corona months. We had the smallbore range to ourselves Wednesday, and there were only a couple of shooters at the main range and the pistol range. Beautiful sunny day, about 52 degrees.

Steel challenge this morning with Ruger  10-22

5 small targets  6 different stages ... always the same 

I did watch the 2018 state champ hit a clay bird popper with a PISTOL

Fanciest 9 MM race revolver money can buy

My local practice range opened up on the 30th so my wife and I spent the afternoon practicing with 22s.  We will save our center fire ammo for matches until the current primer shortage ends.  

I shot about 150 rounds of .22’s then I got bored until I tried some .22 magnums that was a little more fun. I get bored with .22’s very quick! It was better than no shooting though!

Lots of .22's at the Steel Challenge match today, here.  My squad had 8 .22's and only 2 of us with 9mm.  If this ammo situation continues, we'll be able to call .22LR "The Cartridge of the Future."

1 hour ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

I shot a six stage Cowboy match today...including shotgun...indoor range

We got a indoor shoot here too, next one is this month sometime, I'll have to check. We can shoot .22's also.

Shot with my home club today. 6 stages with one being a 10 round shotgun only. Day started out with a light frost We had a couple of burn barrels going to keep everyone warm.  By the time we finished the first stage the sun had warmed everything nicely. 

I've got an old Remington model 12 that a neighbor gave me years ago. I took it apart to clean it good but now it won't feed well. Need from get that out and work on it a bit. Nice old rifle.

C518979F-1E91-4EC8-A016-653C85006E57.thumb.jpeg.e48b4e26304b3527cc31e163461fb55a.jpeg

My Ruger 10/22 International got some exercise last week before my hand surgery.  The Winchester stuff was ok but it liked the German SK best.  Rifle is factory original, unmodified, 50 feet, over a rest.

I sometimes think I will sell it, then it does this when I shoot it.  It’s earned a spot on the rack.

Love my .22s!  :)

17 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

C518979F-1E91-4EC8-A016-653C85006E57.thumb.jpeg.e48b4e26304b3527cc31e163461fb55a.jpeg

My Ruger 10/22 International got some exercise last week before my hand surgery.  The Winchester stuff was ok but it liked the German SK best.  Rifle is factory original, unmodified, 50 feet, over a rest.

I sometimes think I will sell it, then it does this when I shoot it.  It’s earned a spot on the rack.

Love my .22s!  :)

long ago we got wildcats for 77cent a box  yes long ago I am old 

they always went bang are did great for tin cans but next to T-22 they where shot gun shells 

still shooten is shooten 

as for stock 10-22  not here we build then fancy  but just to make it a better gun get bolt release plate 

23 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

Lots of .22's at the Steel Challenge match today, here.  My squad had 8 .22's and only 2 of us with 9mm.  If this ammo situation continues, we'll be able to call .22LR "The Cartridge of the Future."

I used to cowboy steel challenge when i had loading friend with  Uberti and  win 1873 

then I  shoot my BT 22 but loading got my hands to close to muzzle and risk a  DQ

most of people at SC yesterday bought all the could before CA started background check for ammo  and the D word store had very good prices on federal black backs of 9mm and 45 acp 

I'm getting a standard Henry .22 from a friend today. I had a Winchester 9422 that I sold a few years ago! I did make some money on that sale but I wish I had it back! Oh well, the Henry will do just fine!

Archived