SASS Wire Forum

That boy.....

Dirty Dan Dawkins

I'm glad my offspring is male!! :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Me too, although my one son has produced two children with two different women. It's all good though!;)

My daughter had a couple of true knuckleheads coming around but I managed to run them off without alienating my daughter. She ended up marrying one of the good ones. Thank God. 

After last night, it’s time for me to take the lead and my bluntness to come out. Nothing bad, but the rules of engagement, for lack of a better cliche, must be expressed 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My daughter had a couple of true knuckleheads coming around but I managed to run them off without alienating my daughter. She ended up marrying one of the good ones. Thank God. 

LOL!

My parents thought Hubby was a knucklehead. His mother said I raised him. He  said no one would put up with either of us.

We will have been married 49 years tomorrow. 

We had good luck with the beaus of three daughters, though one former son-in-law was somewhat lacking in character and a divorce ensued, many years back. During high school, the guys were pretty nice; I'm 6'4" (or was...) with a deep voice, and they always got the girls home about 5 minutes before my deadline.

We have two sons-in-law, one for 30 years and another for 26; both real princes; very fine men, the fathers of 8 of our grandkids. Our truly wonderful daughter-in-law of 18 years is the mother of our 4 other grandkids.

And we love our two grandsons-in-law and our new granddaughter-in-law, too!

We've been very lucky and blessed.

17 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Not sure that is good...A guy I know said his brother, still living at home, was sleeping...Mama went into his room asked if he wanted breakfast....Two girls, one on either side of him, set and said we love some...Needless to say there were some words exchanged with son....Not sure what happened after that....Either he did not invite them back or they learned to be very quiet....

Texas Lizard

If you have a dog, check the reaction of the dog to these boys!  Especially with our younger daughter, her boyfriend came to pick her up for a dinner date.  She wasn't ready, so he sat down on the couch. Our (late) little poodle jumped up and lay down next to him. I knew right then we were in trouble.  Later that evening, they came back to the house, and announced they were engaged!  Been about nineteen years now.  The dog knew before we did. :)

1 hour ago, Barry Sloe said:

It's good to see someone older than me. :)

BS

I’m not particularly old. Probably on the young side of this crowd. Think if it like this, we’re a testament to survival. More so the further you go back.

And remember:

Old age and treachery trump youth and inexperience 

our 3 date I was early and she was running late 

I let my future Daddy in law Drive my  V-8 pinto 

it was almost as fast as tesla zero to 60 

6 date she had school report  that she said it was done just needed to typed 

when i checked it far from done .. no movies I helped her finish it and typed it for her 

her dad would walk by with biggest smile on his face 

How I met my Wife:

The church my family attended had adult bible school. The classes were mostly known by the teacher/organizers name. The adult classes once formed tended to grow old together. When I graduated from High School there was no adult class for my age group. The Assistant Pastors wife formed the ‘Serendipity’ class for young adults who were graduated from public school and either working or going to college. So I began to attend that class. The second Sunday this girl I knew, 2 years older than me, walked in. Behind he she brought her younger sister,who had been going to another church with her High School friends. That was “all she wrote,” as the saying goes, 57 years together counting dates.

On our second date I was invited in for the family viewing. As she and I sat side by side on the sofa, her cat walked across the back and jumped down between us. Then after squirming into the space between our legs, the cat looked at me, bared it’s fangs and gave an angry yowl. Still in all, we were married 52 years before she passed away.

CJ

On 12/4/2020 at 9:49 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

We've got 4 of those. 

I don't know........ I have a beautiful granddaughter whose first bit of conversation on arrival for a visit is: Is the Jameson bottle in it's regular place?

20 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

If you have a dog, check the reaction of the dog to these boys!  Especially with our younger daughter, her boyfriend came to pick her up for a dinner date.  She wasn't ready, so he sat down on the couch. Our (late) little poodle jumped up and lay down next to him. I knew right then we were in trouble.  Later that evening, they came back to the house, and announced they were engaged!  Been about nineteen years now.  The dog knew before we did. :)

My family can vouch for the astute selectivity of the family dog. 

As a young bachelor, I brought home girls I thought were fun, nice, great to be with.

Our dog, Tippy, however, stayed at arms length with them.

When Sherron came to visit, the dog couldn't be nicer and cuddled up to her.

We've now been married 53 years.

He's actually got a lot going for him and close, close friends have known him for his whole life, knows his family. And we have been told he has a wonderful family that have indulged him with the right attention and direction. He lived in Africa for 8 years. Mother and step dad have largely been missionaries. His father has had issues but getting past those and he lives with him to help him out. Not your typical 18 y/o. To illustrate,, last night he came over and past out at around 9 PM watching a movie. Around 10-10:15 he was in his truck and gone. He gets up at 6-630 everyday, works all day, hunts and fishes and knows the bible forward and backwards I am told. I asked him if he was coming over to our place after church. He said no, he needed to go visit his mother and grandparents.

But he's 18. My daughter is 15 ( not 16 til May). Hormones rage. Judgement clouded. We've all been there. I'm old school and hardcore on this. No chance of them being left alone. For a while. And I mean a couple of years. My daughter is fairly well settled, but she's got maturity issues to grow out of, but generally a sweet, helpful sort of girl.  And in all likelihood, the first but no last boy in her life. But I will let in a little secret, we both REALLY, REALLY like him and the courtesy and respect he shows to us.

Now my 18 y/o boy that moved out, his girlfriend, dear lord please.......not the last type of girl I'd pick for my boys, but enough there I'm like no way. My wife and I discussed at length about her, and after 2-3 first encounters we knew and are 100% aligned in our opinion of her. She's smart and hardworking. I'll say that for her. I do not dislike her, but we both don't like her. Her family situation is very toxic- mother, father, brother. Bunch of nut jobs. Her personality tends to feed some of our son's worst character traits. And she just doesn't fit in with our family. People don't often talk about family chemistry, but it is important. But he's gone and doing his thing, and its all on him now.

The girl before this one, boy, lots of snakes in that head. Her and her mom toyed and manipulated him constantly. We basically told him he had to put an end to all that, which he did. He actually had one girl he was interested in we liked. Her dad is a cop. Her mom was a military vet and medic, I believe. Decent size family. They foster kids and have adopted some. She was beautiful smart and just all around awesome and so was her family. In general I have concluded  a home where love and respect are paramount, along with some faith, work-ethic and patriotism, you're going to find good kids. Kid's home life tells a lot about who they are and which direction they are headed: positive, negative or floundering along. Now there are exceptions, but that's my general observation.

My college girlfriend Dana, rest her soul, took me home to meet her folks.

Her granddad came over with a grin on his face and a model 12 Winchester in hand.

I chamber checked it, teased a round out of the magazine, took note of the shot size and choke, pointed at a shed and said "With 4 buck and this tight choke, you'll have a nice dense shot swarm from here to there," gave it a couple test swings and tried to trade him out of it.

He wouldn't trade.

I've kicked myself for more than three decades for not marrying that girl.

Well, our situation was a bit different.  We met at work.  Uno was interested in the gal that sat on the other side of the partition from me.  He would come over to our area and make eyes at her etc.  I thought he was handsome, but he was obviously not interested in me.  He came by one day and looked over the other gals desk while she was away, he then asked me about her.  "Is she married, does she have a family" etc.  I informed him she had been living with a guy for several years now and it sounded kind of serious.  Uno looked like someone had just kicked him.  He hung his head and walked away looking quite dejected.  He never came around again.

A couple of weeks later, he needed someone to work with him on a project, so I was selected for the job. I thought we worked quite well together, but didn't think much of it, after the previous event with my co-worker.  After the project was finished, he called me to thank me for the support................and ask for a date.  The rest, as they say, is history.

My nephew married a real piece of work.  I helped my nephew buy his first house.  My wife and I were invited to Easter dinner along with his parents and his in-laws.  After dinner, the niece-in-law gets a headache and has my nephew to ask us and his parents to leave.  We were polite the whole time and were not loud.  Her parents stay. Can you imagine this?!

2 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

My nephew married a real piece of work.  I helped my nephew buy his first house.  My wife and I were invited to Easter dinner along with his parents and his in-laws.  After dinner, the niece-in-law gets a headache and has my nephew to ask us and his parents to leave.  We were polite the whole time and were not loud.  Her parents stay. Can you imagine this?!

When ill, she probably feels more comfortable with her parents. Unless, there other things amiss about her, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on this one event.

Archived