SASS Wire Forum

AMMO SEEK... You gotta be quick!!!!

Cholla

I signed up for notifications on Ammo Seek for IMR 4895 and IMR 4064 powder for my incoming M1 Garand. I have received several notifications over the past few days. By the time I get the email and hit the link, the powder is sold out. I shortened my email refresh rate but it still hasn't helped. I have been working from home (except for today) so you would think I would be one of the first to get the deal. Nope. It's funny and maddening at the same time!

One of the reasons it’s hard to get in and get things ordered is “crawlers”. Software programs developed and utilized by individuals and businesses to keep pinging online websites for products. When products they are seeking become available they order it or have their program order it. 
Have you noticed how long it takes to access some sites? It’s because of the crawler programs pinging sites. 

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Speaking of web crawlers, have you ever noticed how quickly Google knows about questions asked in the Saloon?

I've had several occasions where Google/Alexa/What or Whomever starts talking without being prompted (from someone's nearby smartphone) in response to a conversation going on in the room, a conversation that did NOT involve any searching of something on said phone.

"They" are always listening. ;)

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t use Google. 

Yup. Don't trust it.

i found my daughters 243 ammo last night thanks to your post

10 hours ago, Cholla said:

I signed up for notifications on Ammo Seek for IMR 4895 and IMR 4064 powder for my incoming M1 Garand. I have received several notifications over the past few days. By the time I get the email and hit the link, the powder is sold out. I shortened my email refresh rate but it still hasn't helped. I have been working from home (except for today) so you would think I would be one of the first to get the deal. Nope. It's funny and maddening at the same time!

18 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

i found my daughters 243 ammo last night thanks to your post

Glad I could help. I think I might change my alias to "Yelp" since I help so many folks!:lol:

I was going to get some .45 ACP ammo from Luckygunner.com and I changed my mind because it was kinda pricey. The next day I said. Ahhh heck with it I'll buy it, YEP you guessed it! It was gone gone gone!:(

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I was going to get some .45 ACP ammo from Luckygunner.com and I changed my mind because it was kinda pricey. The next day I said. Ahhh heck with it I'll buy it, YEP you guessed it! It was gone gone gone!:(

Here’s another sight you can try. 

At this moment they have cases of Blazer Brass .45 ACP in stock on a link here:

https://www.ammobuy.com/ammo/45-acp-auto

You have to buy a 1000 round case, but it is / was available. 

10 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Speaking of web crawlers, have you ever noticed how quickly Google knows about questions asked in the Saloon?

Why? Did someone make a comment about my butt, and I didn’t notice?

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't know how to be faster on AmmoSeek. A few days ago I was sitting next to my laptop when the alert hit my cell phone. Opened the laptop and went to the site. Gone. It was less that 20 seconds.

32 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

I don't know how to be faster on AmmoSeek. A few days ago I was sitting next to my laptop when the alert hit my cell phone. Opened the laptop and went to the site. Gone. It was less that 20 seconds.

Gets expensive to feed that TG doesn't it.B)

12 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I've had several occasions where Google/Alexa/What or Whomever starts talking without being prompted (from someone's nearby smartphone) in response to a conversation going on in the room, a conversation that did NOT involve any searching of something on said phone.

"They" are always listening. ;)

A tech told me that your phone (and Alexa et al) are always listening even if you’re not using it.  I believe it, just the other day my wife and I were talking on the phone about a Cadillac and the dealer, the next day an ad from GM was on her FB page and pointed her to go to the dealer’s website.

I have found the best way to find reloading stuff (or ammo) right now is to just check often. Pick several sites you would buy from and check them every morning and afternoon. 

I was hoping that one of three sites I have “Notify Me” items, like primers, set up might contact me at some point but either I am so far down the list they’ll never get to me or they just haven’t received any. 
I did manage to guns and buy some primers on a local forum but I paid dearly for them. 

I cannot for the life of me find H4350 or Varget or 4064 or 5744. 

Anyone use Ramshot Hunter? I have found it in stock but after shipping and hazmat $43lb if I get 3 #.

28 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Anyone use Ramshot Hunter? I have found it in stock but after shipping and hazmat $43lb if I get 3 #.

What is the price if you get 12#? My eyeball estimate is just under $34 per pound.

3 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I found a pound of IMR 4064 yesterday at a local shop. They had two on the shelf and it took all my control to not grab the other bottle.

13 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

What is the price if you get 12#? My eyeball estimate is just under $34 per pound.

There’s no way I’d ever buy that much. I might use half of that amount in my life. Having never used it, I’d only want to try one pound anyway

20 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I wanted H4895, but tripped over an 8lb tub of I4350 while picking up my '06, so I bought it.
There are some good 75% loads for I4350 in both 243 and 30-06... but the bullets I want are sold out everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bgavin said:

My SIL came in, said they have 22LR at Sportsman's Warehouse...
Yep.

$.30 per round.

LGS has it at 16 cents per round for Thunderbolt. Supply seems to be keeping up with demand at that price.

I received an email from Midway USA Today that said an item on my Wishlist has been “Discontinued” at Midway. 

Remington 5 1/2 small pistol magnum primers. 

Not sure if that is a computer generated notification that gets sent out if an item is out of stock for an extended period or if Remington or the buyer of that portion of Remington has literally discontinued that item. 

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I received an email from Midway USA Today that said an item on my Wishlist has been “Discontinued” at Midway. 

Not sure if that is a computer generated notification that gets sent out if an item is out of stock for an extended period or if Remington or the buyer of that portion of Remington has literally discontinued that item. 

Vista will likely assign a new number that works in the new IT systems. that makes the old number obsolete, therefore discontinued. Search the site regularly for what you are looking for (in this case "Remington primers" "small pistol magnum primers." When they come in, they will have a new (Vista) part number.

And for those reading along and using email alerts from sellers... It can take hours for all of those emails to go out. By the time you get the email, the product is probably already gone. Sign up again and hopefully you are sooner on the next batch of emails.

24 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I got the same email.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, Cholla said:

I found a pound of IMR 4064 yesterday at a local shop. They had two on the shelf and it took all my control to not grab the other bottle.

4064, is not the best choice for .30-06 or .308 in a gas gun.

Low MV.

OLG 

On 12/5/2020 at 2:02 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t use Google. 

I use Duck Duck Go

https://classic.ammoseek.com/

Archived