SASS Wire Forum

Need 45 bullets. FOUND SOME THANKS!

Boomstick Bruce

I need at least 50 230gn fmj 45acp bullets, not live ammo, just the bullets themselves so I can load them. I have pistol re qualification coming up in two weeks and my duty weapon won't reliably feed pure lead "wild bunch" ammo. I can't find plain old fmj 45acp anywhere.

Pm me.

I am almost positive I saw some .45 FMJ bullets on their shelf yesterday.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/prescott-valley-guns-prescott-valley

I was looking for something else so I didn't study them to be sure. You could try calling.

Try Xtreme Bullets,   They have copper plated RN in stock, but not many 

https://www.xtremebullets.com/45-230-RN-p/xc45-230rn-b0500.htm

I use these instead of FMJ’s all the time in my 9’s.  

Thanks everyone! I got some coming! 

I was getting worried I would have to qualify with a company gun (9mm) and carry some old worn out s&w sigma instead of my HK45 for the next year...

On 12/6/2020 at 10:10 PM, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Do you have to use jacketed?

No but my HK45 just does not like pure lead bullets, at least not the ones I make for wild bunch...I think it's because of the flat point and soft lead. I load missouri bullets cowboy#4 for 45acp and 45colt. They run perfect in everything but my HK45 (ria1911, Iver Johnson 1911, auto ordnance thompson 1911, both my hi point 45 pistols and both my hi point 45 carbines) 

On 12/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Trooper Ozzy said:

I have 500 230 gr fmj bullets inbound in case you need some more. 84.99/500 shipped

https://americanreloading.com/en/394-45-cal-451-454 

I think I'm good now, I'll let you know if I need to grab a couple from you. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

No but my HK45 just does not like pure lead bullets, at least not the ones I make for wild bunch...I think it's because of the flat point and soft lead. I load missouri bullets cowboy#4 for 45acp and 45colt. They run perfect in everything but my HK45 (ria1911, Iver Johnson 1911, auto ordnance thompson 1911, both my hi point 45 pistols and both my hi point 45 carbines) 

The reason your HK doesn't like them is it uses polygonal rifling as opposed to cut lands/grooves. Glocks are the same way.

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

The reason your HK doesn't like them is it uses polygonal rifling as opposed to cut lands/grooves. Glocks are the same way.

He has problems with them feeding. That isn't the reason they won't FEED. That is another problem, the polygonal rifling is more susceptible to leading causing pressures to go up.

2 hours ago, The Verdigris Kid said:

He has problems with them feeding. That isn't the reason they won't FEED. That is another problem, the polygonal rifling is more susceptible to leading causing pressures to go up.

Aha, gotcha, thanks!

Archived