SASS Wire Forum

I know who I'm not buying from when this is over...

Cholla

image.thumb.png.d359398aee633375f24fa561b4010868.png

image.thumb.png.358f155b477089aa28c0a83f9dac6929.png

I believe in the free market but I also believe I can choose who I spend my money with. I just bought a "custom" Lee mold from this same place. I asked them if they could tell me what top punch to use when sizing the bullets. They told me to call Lyman because Lyman made the mold and they had no way of knowing!

Doesn’t sound like they have a very good business ethic...or very smart people working there either. Don’t think they are the kind of place I want to do business with.

25 minutes ago, Hendo said:

They can't be serious...

They are. 

During the last ammo shortage CTD cancelled all existing orders and then sold that ammo at inflated prices. They let people do back orders and then cancelled those when the ammo arrived so that they could relist it at an even higher price.

If you read their reviews they seem to have a habit of selling what they don't have.

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

They are. 

During the last ammo shortage CTD cancelled all existing orders and then sold that ammo at inflated prices. They let people do back orders and then cancelled those when the ammo arrived so that they could relist it at an even higher price.

I heard of that about CTD. I like Midway. I bought way more than I should have during their Black Friday sale from them.

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

They are. 

Yeah, I'm well aware of CTD's shady ethics. I can't say that I've shopped with them since I got restarted shooting again 10(?) years ago.

I was just blown away by them primer prices.

23 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I'll put them on the same list as Cheaper Than Dirt. 

Never figured how they got that name as it sure don't fit.

The one around here did not last long. They had to close.

There are a couple of local stores that I will not be dealing with after things normalize. One store that I will deal with is Rifle Supply. They have a local stores and also sell online, but they have gone out of their way not to price gouge on guns when they easily could have. 

One store near me selling used handguns was selling a Taurus .357 revolver in not so great condition for $850. They had a S&W model 19 that had some wear for $1250. 

We should start a list of these businesses for future reference. Especially those that deal online. 

13 hours ago, Cholla said:

I believe in the free market but I also believe I can choose who I spend my money with.

When you posted, there were 9 units available. Looked just now, and they are backordered.

Up to 9 people actually paid those prices. SMH.

We got a small shipment of primers in yesterday.  None are priced over $45, and most under $40.  What powder we have is under $32 a pound.  

One company that I have bought brass and bullets from online is  Midsouth Shooter's  Supply. Their prices for bullets and brass are a  little high compared to normal but  in these times of low supply and high demand their prices are not unreasonable. I will buy from them after this is over.

Another online  seller that will  definitely keep my business is Midway USA. When things got crazy and prices were going up  they maintained nearly  the same price only just a tad higher for bullets and powder. 

Natchez Shooter's Supplies is another online business that I  will  deal with after the plague....Is  it a plague yet?  It must be...The sky is falling in California....

Guess I am really rich !

Granddaughter was doing a home loan refi and found me these 

How much?? Take them  if you know someone who can use them 

now they go on my still clean loading bench 

As her reward we are going to Pedi today 

I do worry I used all my Good Luck finding them 

College economics 101 = supply and demand. I got it you want it, here's my price. If I could sell every gun in my store for twice the "normal" price why not do it? The other side is, when they run out how are they going to maintain their income stream? Backorders WILL take time.

16 hours ago, Cholla said:

I believe in the free market but I also believe I can choose who I spend my money with. I just bought a "custom" Lee mold from this same place. I asked them if they could tell me what top punch to use when sizing the bullets. They told me to call Lyman because Lyman made the mold and they had no way of knowing!

A lot of these vendors hire simple order-takers off the street who probably don't even own a gun. A know somebody who once called Colt's customer service about ordering parts for their 1911, and the person on the other end was apparently completely clueless about what he was talking about. Small companies may be full of gun guys, but the larger ones often aren't.

9 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

A lot of these vendors hire simple order-takers off the street who probably don't even own a gun. A know somebody who once called Colt's customer service about ordering parts for their 1911, and the person on the other end was apparently completely clueless about what he was talking about. Small companies may be full of gun guys, but the larger ones often aren't.

Ain’t that the truth!

I called Glock to ask Customer Service some questions. The lady was very nice but had no clue about barrel rifling. I felt her eyes glaze over on the phone. :blink::lol:

She gave me a number to call to talk with Technical Services. She couldn’t transfer me. The tech service guy knew his stuff and helped me. :D

15 hours ago, Cholla said:

If you read their reviews they seem to have a habit of selling what they don't have.

If you need some of those CCI BR2's we are coming to Prescott on the 13th. I would sell you 3 or 400 for $6 per hundred. I paid about that when I bought them. I would probably not use all of them for a couple of years.

kR

PS I think I paid $58 or so for a 1000.

47 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

If you need some of those CCI BR2's we are coming to Prescott on the 13th. I would sell you 3 or 400 for $6 per hundred. I paid about that when I bought them. I would probably not use all of them for a couple of years.

kR

PS I think I paid $58 or so for a 1000.

That works for me. Let me know when you’re in town and we can meet up. That may be the same weekend as the WRG match. Are you attending?

2 hours ago, Cholla said:

That works for me. Let me know when you’re in town and we can meet up. That may be the same weekend as the WRG match. Are you attending?

Yes it is that's why I'll be there. We shoot with them whenever possible.

kR

1 hour ago, Kid Rich said:

Yes it is that's why I'll be there. We shoot with them whenever possible.

kR

That's great! We can meet up there. Most of the WRG crew also shoots at the Granite Mountain Outlaws match which will be on the 20th if you are still in town.

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

There are a couple of local stores that I will not be dealing with after things normalize. One store that I will deal with is Rifle Supply. They have a local stores and also sell online, but they have gone out of their way not to price gouge on guns when they easily could have. 

One store near me selling used handguns was selling a Taurus .357 revolver in not so great condition for $850. They had a S&W model 19 that had some wear for $1250. 

We should start a list of these businesses for future reference. Especially those that deal online. 

I have a model 19 that I would hand deliver 300 miles away for 1250.00. :lol:

Rex :D

18 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Those white box winny primers are at least 20 yrs old.

OLG  

1994  look at price of 19.95 on the CCIs 

I took a few   from each end pack and just shot them as primed brass 100% bang 

not what want to use in match but great from practice 

Just now, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I'd use'em!

OLG 

I bought these LR this week in desperation... I don't know if I should use them or send them to the Smithsonian.

128425193_10217311138521792_1617619485384422268_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=iHxfxPx-JV0AX8BI4e5&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=ce0a6d2434fc0bcf39490fdd6f66bf65&oe=5FF1A2F0

19 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I had 5K each of small & large white box Win.from 1994 that cost me $14 then. They accidentally got stored in the attic of my garage when I moved in '06. Temp went from -30 to +120+ up there and they all went bang perfectly when I started CAS in '12. Powder too.:o

On 12/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, Cholla said:

You won’t find a better pard than @Kid Rich to deal with.

Archived