SASS Wire Forum

Cerakote on sass guns

Bucky Buckskin

7 minutes ago, Mr w said:

With ruger wranglers being made with burnt bronze cerakote finish would this be allowed for use in sass. I was going to have my kids shotgun done to match the revolver finish

Sure many finishes are done on guns we use.  I had one of my SKB's receiver chrome plated and barrel and some parts finished with Cerakote by APW (Bob Cogan) Newville, AL.  Highly recommend company also.  Another choice might be Robar in Phoenix area.

1 hour ago, Mr w said:

With ruger wranglers being made with burnt bronze cerakote finish would this be allowed for use in sass. I was going to have my kids shotgun done to match the revolver finish

I did a pair of Ruger New Vaqueros in Dura Coat. It looked great for a while, but started wearing off pretty fast at the normal wear spots. I might redo them. Next time maybe in Baby Blue or Hot Pink

1 hour ago, Mr w said:

YES.

Metal surfaces may retain their natural color or be blued, browned, plated (such as nickel, gold, or silver), blacked, color case hardened, aged to a patina type finish, or jeweled.

SHB p.38

Archived