SASS Wire Forum

Your favorite Christmas song

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Well, if we're talking "a bit different" and non-traditional, pretty much anything from Gary Hoey's "Ho! Ho! Hoey" albums:

He has also done Desire, loosely based on Bach's Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, and Linus and Lucy, although not on Christmas albums.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was singing in Christmas pageants from the time I was little to after high school,   with all the modern songs I learned over the years I still prefer the classics.  But white Christmas is still my favorite.    Bing just did it right,   now favorite to sing is a little different.   

To celebrate Christmas, I like Silent Night.

For a more humorous tune, Eartha  singing Santa Baby

Duffield

My apologies to @Fence Cutter and others for doing my part to take the thread in a negative direction. I was not in the greatest of moods last night, and in looking back this morning, it showed. So, here is some Christmas music from an apparent Saloon favorite. I love the choral version of the song, it is fun to sing, although a heckuva challenge to not just forget about the tempo and let things take off.

Of course, one can't have Christmas without Handel's The Messiah. We performed it when I was in college, and I think my daughter still has my cassette tape of the performance. The Hallelujah Chorus is the part everyone knows.

10 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

It ain’t Christmas without Gene singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer!

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I really like the Tractors too

10 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Obviously I am not a computer geek! Don’t know how to post videos. Thanks to those who do.

CJ

And one simply because people look for a reason to be offended these days. It is a favorite, by the way:

6 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Obviously I am not a computer geek! Don’t know how to post videos. Thanks to those who do.

CJ

If you are on YouTube and find a video, highlight the information in the address bar, copy then paste it here.

5 minutes ago, DocWard said:

If you are on YouTube and find a video, highlight the information in the address bar, copy then paste it here.

Thanks!
Merry Christmas 

CJ

19 hours ago, DocWard said:

If it is like we did, It probably brought in a chunk of money for the school music program, helping to buy music, instruments, and more, at no taxpayer expense, and helped some of that talent get ready for college, where some of them majored in music, and did well for themselves as a result. Then those same jerks complained about the lack of those same things that they killed off.

Exactly right.  Never could convince them that they were hurting the kids, though.

17 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

If we make it through December  , Haggard 

Outstanding, Chickasaw Bill!  I completely forgot about that one.  Love The Hag.

16 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Doc, That Wexford Carol is beautifully haunting. Allison's voice is amazing. Is that an Irish or Scots tune?:blink::wub::blush:

Irish. I’ve read that version is among the most popular on Irish radio this time of year. I can’t say for a fact, but I can understand why.

Despite my religion, I imagine angels would sound a lot like her.

.... don't know that I have a favourite Carol, but I'm sure I'm about to hear a whole bunch that I don't want to hear again ..... 

......................... at every blessed shopping mall and supermarket in the free world.

:(

To my mind nothing can match the 1985 Alabama Red Christmas album. Not a traditional song on the album but every cut is meaningful. I have bought more copies than I can remember from cassette on

The five verses of "The Three Kings". Of course I like Good King Wencelas, Hark, Silent Night and the rest.

I sing them for my grandchildren until their parent beg me to stop!!! My boys tolerate my rendition of The Marine Corps Hymn's three verses and sing along with me like good boots but but their ears are too sensitive for my monotone singing of anything else.

I mentioned this one earlier!!  I wish everyone would listen to it and really hear the words!!  I love the Christmas season and ALL of it's parts!!  Celebrate in every way, but remember that there's a special meaning in the holiday

:ph34r:  Enjoy many of the traditional carols, and miss being able to sing them at church.

However, if I NEVER hear "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", "The Little Drummer Boy" and "Jingle Bell Rock" on the radio again, it'll be too soon!

Archived