SASS Wire Forum

Would you tell the truth?

Alpo

Let's start by saying that I don't care whether you have or not. I don't want to know whether you have or not. Both people that have and people that have not feel free to answer this question.

If at some time in your life you had killed someone - police, war, mugger, don't care - and this little kid, maybe 12 or 13, asked you, "Have you ever killed someone?", would you tell them the truth?

NCIS, and the little girl asked Ziva, and Ziva replied, "No. Of course not."

Me - I believe I would tell them the truth . Back when I was raising kids I made it a habit not to lie to them.

Been asked that by kids many a time. The look I give them (much grief and sadness) say yes, has always ended the conversation about that. I don't like to lie about anything. Other than when my life is at hand with such questions as, does this dress look OK on me?

No.

Ziva carries a lot of baggage from her past (it is part of the story line) but is still grounded to the rest of the world.

I don't know the actual episode this event occurred in, have not watched the show in years. Is that boat still in the basement?

But I'm sure the idea here was to save the living soul of that child while on this earth, and it would be necessary for Ziva to lie about killing in order to do so.

I have not killed anyone, but do know people who have. I have been in some situations which might have had worse outcomes, as bad as those experienced by certain friends of mine. They were changed by the experience (in real life). Ziva is a character on a TV show but I can see my real friends telling that lie. There is the world they have lived inside their souls, and there is the world outside that they also live in now that does not need the truth.

If I were to change the question... If a kid asked me if I have ever run into a fire and put it out (I did). I would not say so to a kid, I would instead suggest they find a phone or an adult and call the fire department.

There are people who will run towards a fight, and people who will run away from it. Same for a fire, some will run towards it and some will run away. A child does not need to face that possibility, a child should grow up and then find out which kind of person they are.

No need to share the load with them, my friends would not do so and neither would I.

I've been asked this question by kids many times, seemingly more since my last deployment. My answer is always the same. "I was trained as a medic, my goal was to try to save lives." They have always been satisfied with that.

49 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I don't know the actual episode this event occurred in, have not watched the show in years. Is that boat still in the basement?

I turned the cable off several years ago. The last NCIS I watched on TV was season 11 I believe. I have it up through about half of season 12 on disc, and watch it frequently. The last time I recall a boat being in the basement, I think he said that it was number five.

In this particular episode, at the end of it the bad guy, who has already murdered two people, has the little girl using her as a human shield. Gibbs is in front of them. Ziva is to their left. Gibbs says, "Ziva?", she replies, "I've got this". He tells the little girl, "Look at me. Angela look at me. Take it." POW, and she pops the bad guy in the left side of his head.

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I turned the cable off several years ago. The last NCIS I watched on TV was season 11 I believe. I have it up through about half of season 12 on disc, and watch it frequently. The last time I recall a boat being in the basement, I think he said that it was number five.

In this particular episode, at the end of it the bad guy, who has already murdered two people, has the little girl using her as a human shield. Gibbs is in front of them. Ziva is to their left. Gibbs says, "Ziva?", she replies, "I've got this". He tells the little girl, "Look at me. Angela look at me. Take it." POW, and she pops the bad guy in the left side of his head.

It's on regular, free, tv. Tuesdays

I have been asked that question many times.  I always tell them that I don't know, but I tried to.  It was a war, and there were and are no hard feelings, even toward the person who shot me.  It was not personal.

Duffield

This would Be on a Need to Know Basis, and I would tell the Kid So ...

If I felt they needed to Know I would tell them sparing unnecessary details ...

Jabez Cowboy 

45 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

I know some that have been in combat. For obvious reasons do not talk about it. The child should be told what a rude and insensitive question.

Kids usually don't know any better. Adults however should be bitch-slapped immediately.

Archived