SASS Wire Forum

WTS/Trade (SPF): Old Model Ruger Vaquero Bisley | 44 Magnum & 45 Colt

Wade Butcher

UPDATE: Both pistols are SOLD PENDING FUNDS.

RJOwLiA.jpg

kdwUxox.jpg

Y1xkpnx.jpg

I have two Ruger OM Vaquero Bisley SA revolvers that I no longer need. (I'm switching to the NM Vaquero Bisley.)

The first is a stainless steel model in 45 Colt (aka 45 Long Colt) w/ 5.5" barrel. This one is in very good condition, and shooting HSM 200 grain feels like shooting 22LR. Barely any kick. Price is $600. SOLD PENDING FUNDS

The second is the no-longer-made, Case Color / Blued model in 44 Magnum. This one is 99% and almost like new. This was a beast to shoot in Magtech 240 grain. Too much kick for my tastes. Twelve rounds, and I was done. (Maybe with a less powerful cowboy load I might enjoy shooting it?) I'm really on the fence about selling this one. I really love it, but if I can't shoot it... Price is $700. SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Face-to-face transfer only for the time being. (I'm in Greenville SC, but I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance within SC.)

Trades may be considered for SASS-legal ammo (38 Special, 357, or 45 Colt) or other newbie-centric stuff.

Please feel free to ask questions and/or request more photos. Happiness guaranteed. Thanks.

The cowboy load I use for the 44 is for 44spcl- 200grn bullet, 4.3 grns Tite Group and works well. There’s a similar load for 44mag.

Deacon Doug

40 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

If you decide to ship to a ffl.  Put me in line for the 45 

Good morning, Grizzly Dave. The only reason that I'm hesitant to ship is because my FFL charges a $25 transfer fee in addition to the actual shipping charges, so we're looking at a total shipping charge of around $50. :( However, if you're OK with that estimate, then shoot me a message with your local FFL's shipping info. I'll check with my FFL today for an exact shipping quote, and if the shipping quote is acceptable to you, then I'll have them ship the pistol right out. (I only ask that you pay the shipping cost in full before the pistol is shipped.) Once the pistol arrives and you approve of it, then I ask that you send the actual cost of the pistol ($600) at your earliest convenience. Sound fair? (We can work out those details later in a private message, of course.)

Thanks for your interest.

W.B.

1 hour ago, Bulldog Brown said:

Just checking to see if you got my PM Thanks Bulldog Brown

Morning, Bulldog. I did. Thank you. I was away this morning running errands, but I'm back now, and I'll be replying in just a moment. Thanks again!

W.B.

EDIT: The blued 44 Magnum is SOLD (pending funds) to Bulldog Brown.

Archived