SASS Wire Forum

SPF H&R Buffalo Classic .38-55 and extras for sale

H&R single shot in .38-55. This is a great rifle for Frontiersman! It is also a decent entry level long range gun. The chamber was reamed by Old Scout for use with lead bullets. As they came from the factory the rear sight was not legal so a Krag ladder sight was installed. This is an ejector equipped gun, I understand that it can be converted to extractor if desired. The advantage of the ejector is speed.

I have two Stocks for this gun. The one that is installed is slimmed down to better fit the receiver and remove the checkering. The other is as it came from the factory.  Your choice! I will sell the extra separately.

This gun is in good shape, well maintained but it has some scuffs and dings in the wood and slight blue wear in spots where it rode in the gun cart. 

$600.00 plus whatever it costs to ship from my FFL dealer to yours. Of course if you live in Michigan we can do a face-to-face transaction and you will save the shipping cost and you can look it over, even shoot it if you have a range, before buying. Bonus for a Michigan buyer. I will throw in all the empty and loaded cases I have for no extra cost. I don’t have an exact count but it should be between 50-100.

I will be listing dies and lead bullets for sale separately.

E2484988-8DC1-4BE3-AF2F-0DA4B596A627.jpeg

85AE0A31-9678-4E0F-BA34-538694B0AEC1.jpeg

ABD2C46D-B479-44AD-B465-114E618ADBFE.jpeg

683B8218-7FE8-41CD-B696-212FEBAC8CA7.jpeg

194D9F13-E5C5-41F5-BF2A-788706FEC29E.jpeg

CB91BD02-CA0E-4BE6-8C81-16E11B2B4353.jpeg

067FAB9D-A43E-4AD1-9AC0-344797EE2D2A.jpeg

I very interested in either extra stock if the buyer of the gun does not, as I need to shorten a stock for my daughter.

PM.

Sent 

9 hours ago, Pugilist sass1006 said:

The professor is a straight shooter. Wanted you to know I am loving my 45 long colt barrel on my Marlin conversion.

Thanks again

P

I am happy to know that barrel has a good home! I used my long barreled Marlin .45 to take a deer this year. 

22 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

PM.

Sent 

Mr. Wayne, I responded to your inquiry yesterday but haven’t heard back from you.

I had another interested party Contact me right after you did yesterday and even though you didn’t ask me to hold the rifle I told the other potential buyer I would wait 24 hours to hear from you. I hate to do it but if I don’t hear from you this evening I will go ahead and deal with the other buyer.

If anyone knows Roster Ron Wayne and can contact him please let him know I want to treat him fairly!

45 minutes ago, Prof. Fuller Bullspit said:

Mr. Wayne, I responded to your inquiry yesterday but haven’t heard back from you.

I had another interested party Contact me right after you did yesterday and even though you didn’t ask me to hold the rifle I told the other potential buyer I would wait 24 hours to hear from you. I hate to do it but if I don’t hear from you this evening I will go ahead and deal with the other buyer.

If anyone knows Roster Ron Wayne and can contact him please let him know I want to treat him fairly!

I sent him a text message(assuming he hasn't changed numbers) just a minute ago that you were trying to get in touch.

Actually I was offered another one by someone here, but was waiting for you. I will now take them up on their offer. I have 2 of these rifles, one for my son and  one for my daughter, who is only 5'2".  Didn't want to cut the original. Around here 200 yards is as long as our ranges go, so I never get/need to shoot my 45-70 version.

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Actually I was offered another one by someone here, but was waiting for you. I will now take them up on their offer. I have 2 of these rifles, one for my son and  one for my daughter, who is only 5'2".  Didn't want to cut the original. Around here 200 yards is as long as our ranges go, so I never get/need to shoot my 45-70 version.

I am happy to hear you got a stock. Ranges longer than 200 yards are few and far between, hope you get a chance to get to one someday.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived