SASS Wire Forum

Colonoscopy

My wife hates me.  After my last colonoscopy, I went back and looked at the doctor's notes; it was last August, he did say that I had a few hemorrhoids and diverticulosis.  Eat more fiber.  He is telling me this, a wanna be comic, my wife is dutifully at my side, and in my stupor, not having completely come out of the clouds I reply, "well, I guess that means I'm not a perfect A$$hole".  I have no memory of it.  My wife told me later but it sounds like me.  Doctor leaves, gives my wife the discharge papers.  Wait, it gets better.  Nurse comes in.  You have to eat something before you leave.  I was given 3 options, a tiny cup of Jello, plain toast or I forget the third, something blah.  That's how thrilling they were.   None of which would have filled a cavity.   I haven't eaten since yesterday, I'm still groggy so I muster up my best Foster Brooks voice, "I wanna burrito".  My dearly beloved was fit to choke me.  I took the Jello.  She's still mad about that.

I go in on Tuesday for mine. 

Went to the web page of the prep that has been prescribed, and had a good laugh at the cartoony mascot that they use!

image.thumb.png.cbbc28c2d7bc34c796a3497d3da3bae9.png

I had my 1st colonoscopy in 2013 & a few benign polyps were removed.  I knew the prep was awful; because; the last time I had Kidney stones the imaging required to diagnose it required cleaning out my GI tract.  Initial symptoms was pink urine & a blood test ruled out an infection.  Turned out it was a single stone the size of a molar.   Until 1/1/2021 I have used the same HMO whose 2nd hospital I was born at.  The prep besides 3 laxative tablets is a gallon of Golytley liquid.  I was surprised last year when they scheduled one when in 2013 it would be 10 years to the next one.  They must have changed their protocols; because, when I asked why so soon? the reply was it was the polyps.  And when I left the colonoscopy suite a nurse said see you in five.

6 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

What kind of sadist would do that procedure without? :unsure:

My mama, the nurse, watched hers on closed curcuit.  She had colon cancer.  They cut her from the sternum to the top of the public bone & resectioned the bowel.  I took her home 2 days later & she cooked supper.

Yes, I forgot to mention, I was diagnosed with diverticulosis.  I take Metamucil in water at dinner time.

22 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

So....wait a minute.......

You guys got knocked out for this procedure?

I had mine about 2 years ago, without any anesthesia.

Kinda turned me off on the whole thing.

I'll be asking the next time.

LL

19 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

What's even worse is that I paid to have it done.

LL

I would change doctors. I've had three different doctors do the procedure. They all put me out.

Archived