SASS Wire Forum

New non-sass shooting irons

ORNERY OAF

Went a little crazy the other day when I was home, it was raining and I was bored. Found a great price on a 1911 and a semi-auto 12g...after deciding which one I wanted, changing my mind, bought em both. 

Rock island GI 1911 45acp and a Black aces tactical semi auto 12g. 

Only had time to run about 5 mags( Wilson combat) with 230g hardball through the pistol. So far, excellent,  no issues, ran perfect. Just shooting at wood pieces , nice trigger, very impressed for the price. I will put a few more mags of hardball then try some gold dots and hst...oh, I did replace the horrid grips with a cheap g10 set from Amazon. 

The Black aces 12g I wasn't real familiar with, but seen one at a gun shop and thought it was a nice looking gun with the wood stock and handguards. Had good reviews, so let go...I ran about 20-25 OO buck and with that, it was flawless. Thats all I had available so I will give her a run with slugs and other loads. Came with 3 chokes and fit and finish were very pleasant! So far, very pleased with both guns. The Black aces holds 7, yes SEVEN rounds of OO buck! Mag hold 6, charge one and load #7...so far its a beast.  ....more after I get to a proper range with both...20201201_170501.thumb.jpg.656783759789fe4ff73fbd274a3ab4a0.jpg20201201_170530.thumb.jpg.d9539780dbfaa1ac340524de961d125b.jpg

Im definitely a fan of the plain jane 1911.  RIA is also on my list of good guys to buy from (family friends going way back).

My wild bunch gun is a RIA.  Only I traded its grips for black double diamond ones.

ATI makes a good basic 1911 that has slightly better sights. Still WB legal but the sights are a LOT better than the original bumps.

we will see how she does with some big boy hollow points, so far several mags of hardball is flawless. i need to make some 230 lead round noses too this week, run some of them through...never done the lead 45acp but i got a whole bucket of brass and a bunch of bullets so its on! unfortunately, the brass is small primer, lol, so i will use up some of them 

Archived