SASS Wire Forum

Last guns to go

evil dogooder

As some of you know my mother had some very serious medical issues this year.  From being poisoned by her doc to getting purposely exposed and contracting covid in the hospital.  While my dad had great insurance,  $12k + a day for 5 months adds up quick and it looks like the lawyers aren't going to be cheap either. 

So to help out out I sold most of my guns.   As each one went out the door I would reevaluate what I had left.    

At first it was easy.  Guns we didn't shoot,   or were collectible.  Then went the ones that were duplicates.   Next was the ones that were single purpose,  like hunting or target or home defense only.      It boiled down to what I actually use.   At the end of the list I ended up with my sass guns. They fill all my needs, from protection to hunting,  to competition.     While they aren't perfect, they are more than adequate.   Maybe someday  I'll be able to rebuild but I'm content with what we have.   

If this crazy world ever settles down we can still compete. It brings back  then old adage fear the man who only owns one gun,  well we have more than one but you get the idea

Anyway it all boils down to realizing what you actually need to have...  family,  friends,   and a few good guns 

One thing about selling off assets to pay bills... after the assets are all gone, the bills keep coming.
It is a crying shame you had to resort to this.
I fervently hope her situation improves.

Praying for you and your family.

Archived