SASS Wire Forum

Dec 1 Winter's here!

Rye Miles #13621

From my front porch this morning. 

IMG_20201201_094156377.jpg

It was 50 degrees when I left for work this morning, getting up to a high of 61 today!!!!  We're finally getting our three days of winter here.

Rye, that's a good photo -- it captures the dreary, wet, miserable feeling!
I stuck a ruler in half a dozen places and five of the half dozen pokes said seven inches deep; only one was six.
I started to shovel the driveway but gave that up for a bad job and instead shoveled just enough room to get the snow blower out, then I let the machine do the heavy lifting!

First snowblow 2020.jpg

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Rye, that's a good photo -- it captures the dreary, wet, miserable feeling!
I stuck a ruler in half a dozen places and five of the half dozen pokes said seven inches deep; only one was six.
I started to shovel the driveway but gave that up for a bad job and instead shoveled just enough room to get the snow blower out, then I let the machine do the heavy lifting!

First snowblow 2020.jpg

I shoveled a path to the garage and I'll let the snowplow guy do the rest! That some heavy stuff ain't it?

I believe my blower is running now, the neighbor hasn't told me to come get it yet though. At least he's got it going again. What we had here,though, wasn't really blow-able this time. Had to do the drive the old fashioned way. Plus some ice melt/salt:blink::blush:

3 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

I believe my blower is running now, the neighbor hasn't told me to come get it yet though. At least he's got it going again. What we had here,though, wasn't really blow-able this time. Had to do the drive the old fashioned way. Plus some ice melt/salt:blink::blush:

I did it the easy way! $25.00 for a snowplow guy! I could have paid $270.00 for the season, Nov-April1, or $25.00 a plow. I took the $25.00, he only came out twice last year. I'm hoping this is is first, last and only big one! We got about 8" of heavy snow!

20f this morning in Middle Tennessee, the 3/4 inch of snow from Monday is gone. Y'all yankees come get this winter stuff, we dont like it.

Imis

Archived