SASS Wire Forum

A Dark Day on the Santa Fe December Update

The Outlaw Travis James

2 hours ago, Realtree said:

What?  Only three days and then heading to Fort White for some fire and smoke and a little bang and clang of steel.    Weather forecast getting better and better.  Looks to be perfect Florida winter days ahead for us.  

See you Friday Tree.  We are getting there pretty late Thursday night, leaving after we get off work.  

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Corral Outlaws Annual successfully in the books.  Now for some King of KABOOOOOM!!! Action this weekend.  I think our posse has like 4 or 5 KoK on it!  I can't wait for the smoke and boom this weekend.  Good thing I am partially deaf in my left ear already.  If you are on Posse 6, bring some good hearing protection!!!  

Here is a few videos of my very first time shooting in a match King of Kaboom and big bores.  Also, the first time I have shot a double since I started shooting and that only lasted a couple months. 

Here's the full playlist:

6 of us from the Hoosier state headed that way tomorrow, a couple more already in route.  Snow and ice storm coming in tonight, but it doesn't look too bad.  Not enough to keep us from getting to enjoy a few warm days and a bunch of smoke and fire!!!  We are all ready!!!!  Looking forward to seeing a lot of friends we met last year, even RealTree,  and maybe even making some new ones!!!

4 hours ago, Big Iron Bohannon said:

6 of us from the Hoosier state headed that way tomorrow, a couple more already in route.  Snow and ice storm coming in tonight, but it doesn't look too bad.  Not enough to keep us from getting to enjoy a few warm days and a bunch of smoke and fire!!!  We are all ready!!!!  Looking forward to seeing a lot of friends we met last year, even RealTree,  and maybe even making some new ones!!!

Safe travels!!

4 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’m still the only one from Mississippi and I have all my own teeth. :D

Carrying them in your vest pocket don't count!:D

5 hours ago, Big Iron Bohannon said:

Who is watching Little Iron's cows? :P

All loaded up. Drop off granddaughter this afternoon when Mom & Dad get home then head south. Smoke and Boom.

11 hours ago, Realtree said:

48 hours from right now, I will be on the road heading north, coffee in hand and heart full of fire and smoke.  Maybe I'm just a little excited?

As long as it's not fire in your belly from Taco Bell, it should be a smooth ride.:P

We managed to make it to Myrtle Beach with out incident, although it was 3:00am before we got into our beds.  Spent a relaxing day, had a nice dinner, and are hitting the hay early tonight.  Plan is to be AIS at 7:00am (That's A$$ in Seat according to my good pard Chuckaroo) for the drive to Fort White which should put us there around 2:30pm.

I Cannot Wait!

Dogmeat & Lil

I’ve got a request, I’m thinking of getting a couple of new C&B pistols, but I’d like to hold an Army and a Navy model to see which on fits my hand better.  If you can help me out with either or both I’d appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’ve got a request, I’m thinking of getting a couple of new C&B pistols, but I’d like to hold an Army and a Navy model to see which on fits my hand better.  If you can help me out with either or both I’d appreciate it.

T-square will be shooting Old Armys this weekend. 

Checked into the match, checked into the Hotel, bought an awesome steam whistle at the yard sale, and got to talk with some good pards.  Crashing early tonight and looking forward to tomorrow.

Twelve hours and a few minutes to go.....

13 hours ago, Confederate Colt said:

T-square will be shooting Old Armys this weekend. 

Happy to help out. I brought three pairs of 5 1/2 SS. I didn't bring any 7 1/2 s - because ya'll are Gamers and I need to be quick 'round ya !  (Sarcasm added by the Author for humor).

I brought plenty of powder, so I'm happy to let you shoot them.

Chickie and I will be up in Lake City later tonight after work and then King of Kaboom tomorrow! 

Archived