SASS Wire Forum

RockingChair has got me for sure

I tried my hand at fly fishing. I actually tried tying flies first.

I found the best way to put them together was cellophane...a cellophane bag holds them nicely at the tackle shop as you make selections for purchase. :rolleyes:

Then I tried learning to cast a  fly rod.  I could cast the rod just fine. Not the fly or  that rass-n-frass'n  fly line....The rod may still be at the bottom of a lake in Northern California....

Nice way to pass  the time, BMC. :)

A bit of nostalga goes with tying. I keep remembering the last time I used that fly and where. Then all those wonderful memories come flooding back. I sure miss old Bruce. That man was a master at wood carving, wood working and fly tying. And he always outfished me too! I am certain the fish are bigger, fight harder, and are more plentyful where he is. And sitting around the campfire drinking his burbon was always special. 

Don't know what it is about fly lines that appeal to me so much. The graceful curl out over the water is like poetry in motion. 

Dang, I need a fix. 

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

i would love to tie again but not being able to see or do tiny things with my fingers anymore has made it frustrating to the point of exasperation 

I go there often. 

Dad never didn't catch fish, though he always said if the cows were lying down, the fish weren't biting.  We also never didn't catch fish, though Dad said we were cheating by fishing offshore.  He always fished in fresh water.

19 hours ago, watab kid said:

i need to dig my fly gear out again , its been a few years since i last had them out on the water but every time i did i had fun even if i didnt catch fish , 

I find that to be true also. 

ED: Chironomids617075179_DSCF0177(1).thumb.JPG.9a7ba35d1ad9b96a25dca4d2131b622b.JPG

Archived