SASS Wire Forum

CCI No. 300 Large Pistol Primers

Del Rio Pete

This afternoon I stopped by Academy Sports about 12:30 pm. 

They had some CCI No, 300 Large Pistol Primers at $4.99 + tax per 100 ct boxes.

First I’ve seen in about 7 months.

Bought some.

If you are totally out, you can buy a few from me for what I paid.... $4.99 + tax per 100.

No dealers or resellers please.  Local pickup only.  No shipping.  Thanks.

Just trying to help local SASS Cowboys who are running low.

Thanks.

P.S.  I also have some CCI No. 350 MAGNUM Large Pistol Primers.  Prefer to sell these first.

May trade for Rifle Primers or Pistol Primers. 

A rare sighting, indeed! I wandered into the SASS community about five months ago and, despite having reloaded for 15 years now...I have not reloaded .38 Special and those items were something I did not have on hand. Had a decent amount of other stuff, but not for the new caliber. Started looking around and have really seen nearly zip on the store shelves. With regards to primers (not including shotgun primers), I have seen two boxes of small rifle primers on the shelves in the past four months here in Colorado and a few other states through which I have traveled. I bought one of the two boxes of 1000 small rifle primers that day. I did manage to come across some stuff on craigslist for my .38 Special needs...both of those individuals were reselling stuff from gents who had passed on this past year. One gentleman was a former gun shop owner and still retained a bunch of stuff in his home when he passed on. The other individual was a former SASS member and much of his powder and primers were sold, along with his estate, to a home flipper. I paid about double the normal rate for the first purchase (could have been worse) and the other was a lot purchase and probably worked out to about the normal sellling price with other items mixed in. Nice of you to helping out those who may be running low---tip of the hat to you!

Archived