SASS Wire Forum

Where to buy ammunition????

Bandit Bill

Hey fellow Cowboys and Cowgirls,

I have been scouring the internet and cannot find anywhere to buy rounds for my first stage shoot, instead of just being a spectator. Does anyone have any tips? Who is selling .38 special in cowboy loads who could deliver by this Saturday??

Thanks,

BB

Probably no one.

But check with Scarlett.

www.bulletsbyscarlett.com

The link does not appear to be working but she's on the SASS Merchant page.

yes - much like me , you have selected the single most awful time to seek anything 38 or shall pistol primer related , best of luck in your search , as i only need primers to equip myself i suspect we will succeed together a ways down the trail , but there is hope - federal bought up remington ammo and perhaps they will increase production soon , 

there is talk in the industry of changing everything to small primes and that could affect the future greatly , 

Check with Choice Ammunition too if Scarlett doesn't have any.

I'd reach out to the club you intend to shoot at.  I guaranty somebody local would be happy to help you out if able.  There is not going to be an online source that is going to be able to ship to you before Saturday's match.

If you order now you might get your ammo in time for the next monthly match.  Bang and Clang shows 38 ammo in stock but they say they've got about a 4 week backlog filling orders.

There are a number of listings on Gunbroker right now for lead 38sp ammo.  If you really gotta have it, I would try and find one that offers immediate checkout with a credit card and be willing to shell out their asking/winning bid price. 

Buffalo arms has some .38’s loaded with black powder. I don’t know if you can get it by this weekend though.

15 hours ago, Bandit Bill said:

Hey fellow Cowboys and Cowgirls,

I have been scouring the internet and cannot find anywhere to buy rounds for my first stage shoot, instead of just being a spectator. Does anyone have any tips? Who is selling .38 special in cowboy loads who could deliver by this Saturday??

Thanks,

BB

The problem is going to be shipping time.  We the People Munitions  has .38 special 125 round "match packs" in stock, but they say, "Attention: Due to high demand orders may be delayed up to 3 weeks. Thank you for your patience and loyalty."

I would steer clear of Choice Ammunition.  I ordered a 1000 rounds from them the first week in October and have seen nothing other than a credit card bill.  I've emailed them several times with no response.  I've called twice and all I got was voicemail.  I have left voicemails that have not been responded to.   I did get one blanket email that looks like it was sent to all customers about a month ago.  It said that they had gotten behind because of demand and Covid but that they were going make everything right very shortly.  Since then, nothing.  No response, no refund, no ammo.

https://bulletsbyscarlett.com/

is the proper link for my site... and I’m out of stock on cowboy ammunition. I HATE TO HAVE TO SAY IM OUT!!! Breaks my heart!  I hope to have some after the first of the year. I’ll let folks know - it will be for cowboys only. 

great big hugs!!

scarlett

@Wyoma I talked with Choice last week. Covid shut them down but they are back working and he said they are filling the oldest orders first. I'm waiting too. I have dealt with them in the past and they were really quick.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, Scarlett said:

https://bulletsbyscarlett.com/

is the proper link for my site... and I’m out of stock on cowboy ammunition. I HATE TO HAVE TO SAY IM OUT!!! Breaks my heart!  I hope to have some after the first of the year. I’ll let folks know - it will be for cowboys only. 

great big hugs!!

scarlett

im sorry to hear it as well scarlett , i tried to order yesterday -  and saw they Out Of Stock on what i was looking for in 4570 , ill be back later when you get restocked 

• 2 weeks later...

this period of government overreach has caused a lot of companies /businesses to either shut down or cut back - we cannot hold them responsible for what is being done to them , keep supporting them and bear with the delays - they have and can charge my card without immediate delivery for me , ive gotten most of what ive ordered in a reasonable timespan considering the times , everything so far has been equal or beyond my expectations of finished product , i am still waiting on a few things but i know they will be here when possible , 

support your favorite and local vendors as well as our SASS vendors - nothing is easy in these times , 

Archived