SASS Wire Forum

Ammo is back stock ..well for some calibers

Dirty Dog Doug

pallets of 12  and 20 gauge shells  ...all rifle calibers in stock just not .223 

9mm 10mm 40 cal and 45 acp  Sorry  same with 22 LR

same store had 20 less than handguns after the riots  now they have at least 200 

pair of shiney Sass rugers  

of course NO primers 

Uh. WHERE???????

in the heart of crazy san fran bay area 

the store is Guns Fishing and other stuff 

when they opened we where happy to get big store 

they have displays for over 500 hand guns and at one time it was full

one of stores that started off great now we hope it makes it 

Just ran up to the local Sportsman's Warehouse , they are basically empty of powder , bullets , primers , and most brass.

Plus all common calibers in rifle and handgun ammo. They did have some 40 S&W , 10mm , and 32 ACP.

Almost forgot , they also had some 454 Casull and 460 mag.

Sad state of affairs.

Rex :ph34r:

I got enough lead , primers . brass , and powder to last me  4 life times .

I have not looked for stock ammo in years now .

About the only ammo I ever buy is 22 now and then .

And i got enough of that to last me too .

After the last ammo crunch about 8 years ago or so .

I said I will never be affected buy the market again .

Just sayin 

Rooster 

12 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Just ran up to the local Sportsman's Warehouse , they are basically empty of powder , bullets , primers , and most brass.

Plus all common calibers in rifle and handgun ammo. They did have some 40 S&W , 10mm , and 32 ACP.

Almost forgot , they also had some 454 Casull and 460 mag.

Sad state of affairs.

Rex :ph34r:

Around here ya gotta hunt and be diligent but you can occasionally find ammogold. For example, I paid less than pre pandemic prices for a bunch of 44 mag ammo over the last two weeks. I've also scored a decent amount of .22 Long ammo (all going to a new young shooter for his pair of Ruger Wranglers :D), and I have seen a huge availability of centerfire rifle hunting ammo. 500 Smith and Wesson mag also available everywhere (gee, I wonder why?), and one local GS is selling 45acp at pre-panic prices (he has quite a bit).

Otherwise, like you said except for some birdshot 12 ga and 350 Legend, shelves at most places are empty. Then again, if you weren't scooping up available, cheap ammo over the last three years you weren't paying attention. This was going to happen sooner or later.

I was at 3 gun stores yesterday, one has a indoor range. They all are not selling ammo unless you buy a gun or in the case of the range if you shoot. 

The two gun shops would sell ammo IF they didn't stock the gun so they had .38S&W, .32 S&W, and all kinds of hunting rounds that they didn't have guns for. No primers and powders were all rifle powders. No Sad situation but they all seemed upbeat saying it's coming around slowly which was good to hear.;)

Archived