SASS Wire Forum

American Pioneer Powder is Back in Business & Available

Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329

This was copied from a post on The Firing Line, from a long time BP shooter.
Many of you already know this, but, in case you don't...................

APP is now producing powder again after their plant explosion.
The powder with the original APP label is available for purchase from the following outfits: bulletsbyscarett.com, lg-outdoors.com and wholesalehunter.com.

It's also being sold under the Shooters World label @ grafs.com as Shooters World Multi-Purpose Black
(This Black Powder substitute is made in America for Shooters World by American Pioneer Powder).

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/83678

https://bulletsbyscarlett.com/shop/o...der-substitute

https://www.lg-outdoors.com/Search/K...oneer%20powder

https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Sear...ican%20pioneer

I'm a little confused/shocked...

I do see this news (back in production) in several places on the net, but the only references I found to a plant explosion are from 2016.

I recently got some pounds of APP (thanks, @Scarlett) and now I'm wondering if it is 4 years old? Still sealed so not expecting problems with it.

Just wondering about the complete timeline. Hard to believe there was a 4-year supply in the supply chain.

Also Confused ???

Week or two ago I did a look-up on a similar announcement, and likewise, the only reference I could find to a Plant Explosion was from 2016.  I have seen heard nothing of recent maladies striking APP.

Perhaps first of the week I'll start digging around again.  I do believe at present this is just some folks PARROTING way old information.

The last time I talked to Brett everything was Ok and running strong :rolleyes:

American Pioneer Powder Company  ( Brett )   1-888-423-2310 :D

We talked to Brett two days ago and there is NOTHING going on at APP. Been dealing with APP for the last 2+years and this is the first I’ve heard of an explosion. No @John Kloehr your powder is not 4 years old!!  All is well

We Sell the ShootersWorld Multi-Black (virtually Black MZ).  If you need APP, place an order on my website by 12/7 to guarantee 2020 pricing. $264/case 3F delivered. There’s plenty to be had!

Big hugs!

Scarlett

But if it WAS 4 yrs old I sure wouldn't worry about it. I've shot  Pinnacle that's got to be at least 6 or 7 yrs old. I think as long as it is kept dry & at a reasonable temperature you shouldn't have a problem with "old" powder. JMO

54 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

But if it WAS 4 yrs old I sure wouldn't worry about it. I've shot  Pinnacle that's got to be at least 6 or 7 yrs old. I think as long as it is kept dry & at a reasonable temperature you shouldn't have a problem with "old" powder. JMO

I wasn't worried. If the ammo loaded with it would be good for a decade or more (it would), no reason to worry about powder in a sealed container.

Was curious, plant explosion four years ago, and only now back in production? Did not make sense!

Nor did a four year supply sitting in the supply chain. Inventory like that no longer exists in retail. Government warehouses, possibly. Individual members of this forum, of course. But not retail supply chains.

4 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I wasn't worried. If the ammo loaded with it would be good for a decade or more (it would), no reason to worry about powder in a sealed container.

Was curious, plant explosion four years ago, and only now back in production? Did not make sense!

Nor did a four year supply sitting in the supply chain. Inventory like that no longer exists in retail. Government warehouses, possibly. Individual members of this forum, of course. But not retail supply chains.

Powder Inc up in ARK used to store it in ship containers outside (Pinnacle). Friend drove up there & bought 8 cases. Looked like they'd been there for a while. :)

Archived