SASS Wire Forum

Thanksgiving morning projects.

Warden Callaway

Waiting for the turkey to get on the table and family to show up,  I've been keeping busy with projects. 

1364043929_StubbyscrewdriverNov2020.jpg.b6b91a5ea6362e2dd01a43269abe1d75.jpg

I picked up some 1/4" drive magnetic driver bits at a flea market 10 for $5.00.  I epoxied the shanks into blocks.  In this case walnut.  I turned the upper on on my little metal lathe and put a coat of Tru-Oil on it earlier this morning. The lower is "before". 

I collected the memory card from a trail cam I placed to cover the carcass of a deer my son found dead.

It took two videos to cover the traffic. 

Just got noticed son is on his way. 

My Thanksgiving morning projects were to go get propane for the grill, then to remove the bad heating element from the oven so we can at least use the stovetop. Next challenge will be to cook a turkey breast on the grill.

I drained the camper of water from our recent 2 week trip.  Then filled all the traps with RV antifreeze.  It's going down to 25 degrees on Monday.  I've still got 4 guns to clean but I think I'll put that off until after the match on Saturday.  Maybe its time for a nap.

Still packing after the Missus made a fine Thanksgiving meal for us.

I put a slow cooker pot of pinto beans on this morning.  Took care of some internet stuff, then the wife and I took a ride in the Miata for a couple of hours.  Stopped at a local city park and had a very light lunch while watching the fountain.  Got home and got the turkey breast into the oven, should take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to cook.  

wilson park fountain.jpg

we went to the Range 

Since it was just fun and practice I shot better than at the real match last weekend 

lubes and adjust all our moving targets 

normally I get truck envy soo many new trucks in the parking lot  while my 2002 F150 still runs great . we see this fancy flying gun cart 

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

Been having trouble with an older S&W K-10 where the bolt would rise before the cylinder turned, thus locking it up. I’ve never owned one these much less take it apart. 

Today I dove in and took it completely apart. No parts showed any wear etc. so I just put it back together. Now it works perfectly. :huh: 

No idea what I did, but I’m not complaining. At least now I know how to disassemble and reassemble one. A good day. 

9 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

we went to the Range 

Since it was just fun and practice I shot better than at the real match last weekend 

lubes and adjust all our moving targets 

normally I get truck envy soo many new trucks in the parking lot  while my 2002 F150 still runs great . we see this fancy flying gun cart 

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

The second and third targets look devious!

Did a .50 cent action job on a new Rossi 45. Took it all apart smoothed it out pre loaded the trigger spring and swapped the ejector spring after I put the turkey in. Functioned checks great.

Made a bunch of difference on the rifle

46 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

The second and third targets look devious!

the last target of first plate rack gets me 3" across with pistol

the third one we can shoot the swinger or shoot threw the hole and not hit any steel 

Our fast shooters hit it on both outsides and the center 

Finished prepping the turkey for roasting. 

Updated my Craigslist account.

Made breakfast for myself, (Schoolmarm had already eaten)

With the exception of carving the turkey, I did little or nothing the rest of the day!!

On 11/26/2020 at 9:34 AM, Warden Callaway said:

I collected the memory card from a trail cam I placed to cover the carcass of a deer my son found dead.

It took two videos to cover the traffic. 

Them's kinda funny-lookin' deer. Their ears is too short and they got some kinda furry thing hangin' on their hineys... :D 

Thank you for the complements. This was the first time I made the style in the second picture. The pattern in the third picture is one of my favorites. 

Archived