SASS Wire Forum

Toys For Tots Commercial

Subdeacon Joe

One of the gun clubs that I belonged to did not support Toys for Tots but had a Christmas collection anyway. The rationale was that Toys for Tots collected from the small towns and distributed in the big cities. They ran a collection that distributed around the town and neighboring towns.

I won’t link to it because it’s against the rules I guess. 
Three years ago my son was looking for a way to help those in need. As he watched his twin toddlers play with their matchbox cars he came up with an idea. Why not collect matchbox cars and donate them through Toys For Tots. He enlisted a few social media friends and the first year they raised 5000 cars they did much better last year hitting 7500.

This year they are on track to raise a total of 25000 cars in the three years. Every penny and every car goes into the cars there is not a penny spent on overhead.He named the charity Little Wheels Big Hearts. I couldn’t be prouder 

My home club has a toy shoot every year. Entry fee is an unwrapped present suitable for a child, though we emphasize ages 12 and up since they always seem to be forgotten. Toys are collected and delivered to the Shriner hospital in Salt Lake City. Donations are also taken for those who wish. 
Our club is smaller with about 30-40 members and about 15-18 show up for the match, yet we still donate about 40 toys and several hundred dollars each year. Just shows that cowboy folk really do care about others. Seen that attitude all across the country. 
regards 

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

The bank I work at for one more day is still collecting for Toys for Tots. Even though our lobby is closed, we will go out to their car and get the stuff from folks.

I always donate to Toys for Tots. Kids everywhere need a Christmas. I hope there’s a motorcycle run this year for Toys for Tots in my area. It’s a “cool” thing to do in more ways than one. ;)

I also love Angel Trees and donating in that way as well. 

I grew up poor. Having toys under the tree was very special and in a small way I like making kid’s Christmas’s special if I can. 

Archived