SASS Wire Forum

Side Gate Henrys

DocWard

Or JM Marlin

Or maybe “Holy Crap Will You All Focus”? :P:lol:

I kind of like this all weather model. I think a .45 Colt model would be pretty cool. 

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy-all-weather-side-gate/

I do kind of like the carbine with that big loop lever. 
C05E5DC5-B47E-46C9-9B72-B0132F59B861.thumb.jpeg.73f110b9eed72b323b66d0d0edd3a514.jpeg

No, not for CAS...just because. ;)

I had two Henry 44 BBS Carbines and neither jammed and were darn accurate dependable rifles. I use them for hunting and slinging lead. I don’t like Marlin 94’s at all.

I sold them both 4 months ago in anticipation for the H012GR

I’ve used them with Ghost Rings, Red Dots, and scoped. Probably the most useful rifle one can get. I did do a trigger job on both which is real easy if you know Marlins.

I swapped the big loop for regular levers while I used them and put the Big loop on when I sold them. So I have my two regular levers and I’m ready !

I really like the Case Colored with the octagonal 16”  barrel but the H012GR is so perfect that I don’t want the added pound.

I only shoot 240 gr JSP because it will do anything you want it to do, to whatever. I’ve used many other loads on game animals and they don’t do anything the standard 240’s will.  I’ve had some cycling hiccups with 270gr and above

They handle like my modified Marlin 336 LTS and it doesn’t get any better than that.

I'm liking that big loop .45 with the 20" barrel.  But I'm thinking the price is a mite dear for what it is... :mellow:

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Or maybe “Holy Crap Will You All Focus”? :P:lol:

:P:P:P:P:P

A friend has a 45-70 Henry and I am amazed at how smooth the action is. Fit and finish is also very nice. Pretty decent price for these as well.

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'm liking that big loop .45 with the 20" barrel.  But I'm thinking the price is a mite dear for what it is... :mellow:

I am thinking they kind of do pricing like Ruger. Higher MSRP than real world pricing. 

I bought a Henry Single Shot 45-70 from Cabela’s for $369.90 a couple of years ago but Henry’s MSRP was and is $510.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

Same rifle at Cabela’s is now $399. 
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/henry-single-shot-rifle

Every Henry I’ve ever had needed to be sent back or had issues I could fix. After fixed they were great.

Except their single shots which SUCK !

11 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

So would ,,, Click Henry,,, Jam Henry or Henry No Shoot Em ....

Jabez Cowboy

Thanks for the chuckle...
You apparently dislike Henry as much as I dislike Stoeger...
:D

I don’t hate Henry and I recognize that I’m picky, they are project guns for the most part.

I did the spring job on the single shot but man the triggers and hammer pull are bad. 

Stoeger only makes two guns in my experience, the Cougar and the 410 coach

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

Thanks for the chuckle...
You apparently dislike Henry as much as I dislike Stoeger...
:D

Nope don't hate them, just think their Big Boy guns are Junk in this Game.

As a Smith with 42 years experience ( at that time ) they didn't want help on how to make it work better for CAS , not only that but up here Folks were forced to send their guns east to get warrantee work done ... And the work done was simply sticking in new parts for any broken parts, No fitting tuning , smoothing   was done .

After breaking parts 5 times and Shipping back and forth 5 times, one customer took it straight to Me with-out even opening the box ... I made it work "Much Better " his words and he shot it for a year with-out breaking anything , then he bought a Uberti 66 ...

I took detailed photos and measurements of my work and sent them off to Henry with my offer to help them make it a better gun for CAS ... after no response  for two months I followed up with a phone call ... They informed me that I should not be tampering with their Guns as I was Not an approved service center for their guns ...

Jabez Cowboy  

There is more to life in the shooting world than SASS. Regardless, the Henry May not be great for this game but for the average shooter in the rest of the world they have a following and they get good reviews. 

My Buddy Wild Bill Diamond was on the cover of the NRA store magazine shooting a Henry. He put a lot of rounds through it that day and while it’s not a gun I would recommend for CAS, he did not experience any problems with it. 

Dutch

AB878178-9B4F-4893-B1FD-736D91EC8FC4.jpeg

Archived