SASS Wire Forum

S&W M&P Shield EZ Recall

Pat Riot

If you know someone that has or you have a Shield EZ check out this notice from Smith & Wesson regarding a recall due to a hammer issue. I saw this in another forum and thought I should post it here as I recall a few folks here talking about these pistols. 

https://www.mpshieldezrecall.com

I think they are referring to the slide operation.  The original M&P's were tough to rack.  I think Stainless Steel Guiderods has made a fortune selling replacement slide springs.

Pat, 

Thanks for the heads up. I had to check my EZ9 but I’m safe. 

Wyoma, 

It is easier to rack the slide and also load the magazine. They have tabs on the follower that allow you to pull it down with you off hand so you don’t have to force the stack of shells down to accept another round. 

CJ

On 11/25/2020 at 5:53 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

This should be pinned at the top of this forum for a spell.

OLG 

Good idea OLG. I reported my post and asked that it be pinned. I would hate for someone not to know about this and have an accident. 

On 11/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

This should be pinned at the top of this forum for a spell.

OLG 

Although this isn't on the Wire Forum, it should be pinned there also as many who visit the Wire don't visit this Forum. I know many a SASS member that carry Shields.

The recall is for a possible crack in the hammer.....a supplier of the part provided defective hammers.

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived