SASS Wire Forum

Florida man saves dog from alligator, smokes cigar the whole time

Sedalia Dave

Did you see how that puppy kept an eye on the water as they walked near the pond later in the video? Poor dog will probably never want a bath after that experience. :lol:

I liked the part where the owner stuck his face underwater, cigar and all, and came back up with the cigar still firmly between his teeth.  I'll bet that stogie was a bit softened and sour.

Had no idea that a gator so small would take a pup that size.  Ambitious.

LL

Dog is lucky he has an owner with strong hands! Owner and dog lucky it was a small gator! Owner lucky he still has all his fingers! :o  At least the owner doesn't want the gator removed from the pond...or destroyed. Wildlife/human relations can get to be a problem when humans encroach on the wildlife's habitat.  Colorado has a problem with bears.  Wooly boogers get into improperly stored garbage. Then they start breaking into people's cars, houses, etc.  Then, of course, the bear has to be darted and moved...unless it has already been, and came back to the same area.  Then it is goodbye bear! Bear's fault. Right?  Too many people with "I'll build you a home in the meadow" (or in the mountains) syndrome. Then they wonder why they have problems with bears, mountain lions, coyotes, etc, as well as getting burned out by forest fires! 

Oh, well... Happy Thanksgiving, Pards!

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

... came back up with the cigar still firmly between his teeth.  I'll bet that stogie was a bit softened and sour.

I'll bet it was no longer lit when he came back up.

But given the experience -- once it dried out -- finishing it might have been quite sweet.

14 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

I'll bet it was no longer lit when he came back up.

But given the experience -- once it dried out -- finishing it might have been quite sweet.

I figured he might have the dried cigar mounted to a piece of driftwood and hung in his garage.

And, he’s a Georgia fan. Go Dawgs!

Archived