SASS Wire Forum

45 Schofield 180gr load?

Cibola Al

For reasons I won't bore you with I'm curious if anyone has a pet 45 Schofield load using a 180gr bullet and either WST or Trailboss powder.

This missive will be of no help at all.  None.  Nada.  Zero.  I don't shoot smokeless.  If I did, I don't like Trail Boss for ANYTHING.  

I DO, however, like the Schofield cartridge.  I load it with 15Gr 3f APP, top off with Cream-0-Wheat and a swell 180Gr bullet from Missouri Bullets.  Sweet.  

Give up that Heathen, Fad, Smokeless Stuff.  It'll rot yer teeth.  Also stunt yer growth.  Bad for ya it is.  Betcha.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, Cibola Al said:

For reasons I won't bore you with I'm curious if anyone has a pet 45 Schofield load using a 180gr bullet and either WST or Trailboss powder.

You looking for a rifle / pistol load , or pistol only? 
4.2 of TB, Federal LP primer and a 160 gr RNFP works well in my pistols. I’ve never tried it in a rifle but see no reason it won’t go bang:)

I’ll let you try some next time our paths cross if you haven’t worked something out by then!;)

PM me if you’d like

7 hours ago, Captain Clark said:

You looking for a rifle / pistol load , or pistol only? 
4.2 of TB, Federal LP primer and a 160 gr RNFP works well in my pistols. I’ve never tried it in a rifle but see no reason it won’t go bang:)

I’ll let you try some next time our paths cross if you haven’t worked something out by then!;)

PM me if you’d like

Pistol only, thanks for the advice. With any luck, our lockdown will be over by the time the state match rolls around :)

Archived