SASS Wire Forum

What Is Your 2021 Match Schedule?

Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L

Hearing the sad but all too familiar news that Winter Range for 2021 has been cancelled, I know that match directors everywhere are struggling trying to make the same decisions for their 2021 matches while dealing with the constantly changing restrictions associated with the Covid-19 situation.  I commend Blackjack Zak and the Winter Range committee for making the call early enough so that folks have time to readjust their schedules.  No doubt it was a tough call for everyone.

With the ammo and component shortages that are likely to be with us for a while, the continuing virus situation and the various state travel restrictions that seem to come and go, and job uncertainty for many, I recognize that a lot of shooters are waiting until the last minute to make their Go/NoGo decisions these days.  While that is certainly understandable, it makes it even harder for the Match Directors who need to decide whether to even hold their match or not when they have no idea of how many people are even thinking of coming to their match.  For a State or above match, or even a large club annual match, decisions about awards, badges, banquets, etc have to be made long before the match date and when 75% of the shooters wait until the week before the deadline to enter, it makes a hard job virtually impossible.  Consequently, I would encourage everyone to get their applications in as soon as possible for the matches they want to attend or they may not be there when you finally decide to go.  While you should check with the Match Directors first, I suspect that the vast majority (if not all) of the matches will be offering a full refund if their match is cancelled or if you need to cancel due to health concerns, so get those applications in!

soapbox.jpg.8cd488d6c663bcd487a130b08dff926d.jpg

So, (after climbing off my soapbox) with all that is going on I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread about folks shooting schedules.  Another shooting forum I frequent has a built in Poll generator and I was going to start one here, but if the WIRE has one I can't find it.  So, lets just start this by having folks list the matches they plan to attend (Not wishful thinking but actually plan to attend) and if there is enough interest, I will compile them and post a chart of the matches.  In order to make the task manageable, let's limit it to State Matches, Regional Matches, and with Winter Range cancelled, End of Trail, and I will include Club Annual matches with attendance of over 100 at their last match.  That will be 50 States, 7 Regional (assuming the MAP on the Wire is still accurate , and EOT, plus probably another 30+ annual matches, and we can't forget the BP Folks with Darkness Falls and Dark Day on the Santa Fe!  Probably 100 matches in total.

So I will start with Lil Feathers & my anticipated schedule...(Note I am only listing the start date for these multi-day matches)

01/28/2021 - Darkness Falls - 2021 SE Territorial BP Championship

01/29/2021 - Dark Day on the Santa Fe - 2021 International BP Championship  (Still waiting for the InterGalactic BP Championship :P)

03/18/2021 - Ides of March - 2021 Florida State Championship

04/30/2021 - Eas'dern Shore Roundup - 2021 Delaware State Championship

05/28/2021 - Shootout at North Mountain - 2021 Pennsylvania State Championship

06/11/2021 - Thunder Valley Days - 2021 Maryland State Championship

06/21/2021 - End Of Trail - 2021 World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting

We are already registered for some of these matches, some of the applications are in the mail, some are waiting for applications to be posted, and only EOT is on hold at the moment while we make personal  schedule adjustments and get our reservations set.  We have also made hotel reservations for all but EOT as well.

After that, we will have to wait and see if any other opportunities present themselves, (we do have other commitments unfortunately :rolleyes:), but these are the ones on our schedule at the moment. 

Dang, that's a lot of shooting!  I better get busy making ammo!  Now, where did I hide those primers......

1309615602_TheodorJung-ChildrenplayinginjunkpileJacksonOhio1936.thumb.jpg.c6b2ef2ecf7c160348ed2e4797878726.jpg

So, post your plans, and I hope to see you at one of these matches!

As of right now, officially planning my Nebraska State/Nebraska State BP matches. Hopefully gonna make a few more annuals that I normally attend every year, but gonna make those calls in the Spring depending on how things are looking

3 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

As of right now, officially planning my Nebraska State/Nebraska State BP matches. Hopefully gonna make a few more annuals that I normally attend every year, but gonna make those calls in the Spring depending on how things are looking

Do you happen to have the dates for those?  I guess I can try to look them up on the wire, but I have found that to be less than accurate. :rolleyes:

I'm just starting to look at the "schedule" for next year.  With WR cancelled the 1st quarter looks to be a washout.  Probably start with local matches here in MN, hopefully around May (April tends to be too cold, but if not, then April).  Looking at 4 annuals, two here in MN, EOT and the AZ state match at Tombstone in October.

5 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Do you happen to have the dates for those?  I guess I can try to look them up on the wire, but I have found that to be less than accurate. :rolleyes:

July 8-10 is State Championship (with banquet at Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer

July 11 is BP State Championship

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2021-nebraska-state-sass-championships/

2 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

July 8-10 is State Championship (with banquet at Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer

July 11 is BP State Championship

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/2021-nebraska-state-sass-championships/

Thanks, I will add them to the list.

I'm thinking:

4/8/21 South Carolina State

4/23/21 Alabama State

5/13/21 Georgia State

5/28/21 Mississippi State

7/2021? Maybe Black Gold

9/23/21 Maybe CaC

10/7/21 Tennessee State

10/21/21 South East Regional 

11/5/21 North Carolina State

All of those look pretty likely other than CaC and Black Gold, but hopefully.

4 minutes ago, Waimea said:

I've got my periscope up.

We'll see.

Waimea

TMI !!  TMI !!  :o

Oh, you said periscope.  :lol:

Hopefully, you will be at the Darkness Fall/Dark Day matches.  You should shoot black powder at least once per year to force you to clean your guns, don't you know.

El Posse Grande is on track with our usual schedule of the 4th and 5th Sunday, March through October and with the PA State Match over Memorial Day weekend.  The dates have been submitted to SASS and the main club.  Only our governor can cause us to change our plans.  Please join us in the beautiful endless mountains of Pennsylvania.

The shoot dates for 2021 are:
March 28
April 25
May 23
May 28-30 State match
June 27
July 24 National Day of the Cowboy - Intro to CAS
July 25 Cowboy shoot
August 22 and 29 
September 26
October 24 and 31

This is what we have planned for so far.  Might get another one or two in depending on which way the wind blows.

3/18/21  Florida State

4/23/21 Alabama State

5/13/21 Georgia State

7/2021 Black Gold

NEBRASKA HAS FOUR SASS CLUB/RANGES NOW!

And here's their 2020 schedule. 

All are April through October with few CXLD, if a holiday falls close.    POC for information:

1st Saturdays....Lincoln Area Regulators (Izaak Walton)....Bennet        Mustang Gregg  402-429-2277

2nd Sundays.....Eastern Nebraska Gun Club...................Louisville       Crooked Creek    402-643-5000

3rd Sundays......Platte Valley Gunslingers (Heartland Park)... Alda      Stirrup Trouble    308-380-4682

4th Sundays......Columbus Rifle Club (Clark Range)........Columbus     Tom Two Dog       402-615-2448

**State Championship will be run by PVG at Heartland Park in July**

With today announcement, I expect Sassy to go ahead and have carpal tunnel surgery to left hand (right was done last week).  Thus the new plans and possibilities for some  annual shoots:

March 18, 19, & 20                        Hell on the Border  Ft Smith, AR   (a possible & new to us)

April  21st-24th                             Land Run, SouthWest Reg    OKC, OK

May 2nd weekend                      Shootin for the Brand     Albany, OK (Red River Cowpokes)

June 1st Weekend                      The Great Spaghetti Westerns  Leonard, TX (Texas TenHorns)

June 21st-26th                             EOT                (will not be surprised to cancellation)

July 3rd weekend                       Black Gold  Ponderosa Pines, KY    (a possible & new to us)

September 1st weekend           Shootin in the Shade  Hot Springs, AR  (Mountain Valley Vigilantes)

September 3rd weekend         SouthWest Showdown  Albany, OK (Red River Cowpokes)

September 4th weekend        Comin At Cha  English, TX  (Badlands Bar-3)

November 3rd weekend          Defend Old Ft Parker   Groesbeck, TX  

43 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

With today announcement, I expect Sassy to go ahead and have carpal tunnel surgery to left hand (right was done last week).  Thus the new plans and possibilities for some  annual shoots:

March 18, 19, & 20                        Hell on the Border  Ft Smith, AR   (a possible & new to us)

April  21st-24th                             Land Run, SouthWest Reg    OKC, OK

May 2nd weekend                      Shootin for the Brand     Albany, OK (Red River Cowpokes)

June 1st Weekend                      The Great Spaghetti Westerns  Leonard, TX (Texas TenHorns)

June 21st-26th                             EOT                (will not be surprised to cancellation)

July 3rd weekend                       Black Gold  Ponderosa Pines, KY    (a possible & new to us)

September 1st weekend           Shootin in the Shade  Hot Springs, AR  (Mountain Valley Vigilantes)

September 3rd weekend         SouthWest Showdown  Albany, OK (Red River Cowpokes)

September 4th weekend        Comin At Cha  English, TX  (Badlands Bar-3)

November 3rd weekend          Defend Old Ft Parker   Groesbeck, TX  

Hugs and speedy recovery to the beautiful SASSY!

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hugs and speedy recovery to the beautiful SASSY!

Thanks SS. She's doing good but does get that nerve shock when she does something with hand she should not. Her surgeon, son n law, told her she would know. :lol:

We've got 2 apps in for January,  both in Arizona.  One app in for May, out of state.

Now we sit, hold our breath, and cross our fingers that the match(s) is/are not canceled. 

Deep breath, 

BS

With any luck KY, GA, Black Gold, Guns of August, Comin' AtCha, Southeast Regional, NC.  Would love to go to SC but they're scheduled before Tax Day.

10 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'm thinking:

4/23/21 Alabama State

5/13/21 Georgia State

5/28/21 Mississippi State

7/2021? Maybe Black Gold

9/2021? Maybe CaC

10/7/21 Tennessee State

11/5/21 North Carolina State

All of those look pretty likely other than CaC and Black Gold, but hopefully.

9 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

7/21 Maybe Black Gold

10/7/21 Tennessee State

Thanks Captain Bill for making this easy for me.

You both need a match in June, so pencil in The Inaugural Gunfight on the Green River - June 12, 2021.

11 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Anything beyond about 3 hours one way is a definite ‘maybe’ for me. Bowling Green is 5 hours one way!

So drive 110 instead of 90....

No, I get it man. Its 5 hours to to Georgia State for me; but those odds are improving. 

18 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

So drive 110 instead of 90....

No, I get it man. Its 5 hours to to Georgia State for me; but those odds are improving. 

LOL.  Me speed?  Never! 

I hear tell Kentucky has multiple versions of Sheriff Buford T. Justice and I don't want to meet any of them!

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

LOL.  Me speed?  Never! 

I hear tell Kentucky has multiple versions of Sheriff Buford T. Justice and I don't want to meet any of them!

Yeah, but Bowling Green is only 45 minutes across the border and we know a whole bunch of the Buford's in those counties :lol::lol:

Seriously though, open invitation to come shoot if you're ever up this way.

Well I tell Yah pilgrims we started just yesterday to put 2021 together.

Yuma Territory Prison Break out Yuma. Az.,   SASS Lucerne Valley Calif State,   SASS Four Corners Regional in Utah.  SASS Western Regional San Luis Obispo Calif.,  Border Town at Tombstone, Az. Plus local shoots like ACSA and Cow Town here in Az.

And I guess just play some other's as the year goes & how the virus situation go's.

Happy Turkey day to you all.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

1 hour ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

I plan on Comin At Cha 2021. Lots going on. Y’all take a look www.badlandsbar3.com.  Thanks T Bone

:lol: 

It was on our list for 2020, but the whole Covid thing put a stop to most of our travel this year.  Although it's still a possibility, it's looking like we will have personal schedule conflicts for 2021, but it is already on our tentative list for 2022! 

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Well I tell Yah pilgrims we started just yesterday to put 2021 together.

Yuma Territory Prison Break out Yuma. Az.,   SASS Lucerne Valley Calif State,   SASS Four Corners Regional in Utah.  SASS Western Regional San Luis Obispo Calif.,  Border Town at Tombstone, Az. Plus local shoots like ACSA and Cow Town here in Az.

And I guess just play some other's as the year goes & how the virus situation go's.

Happy Turkey day to you all.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Come on back to Texas and OK

10 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

You both need a match in June, so pencil in The Inaugural Gunfight on the Green River - June 12, 2021.

Definitely will!  I forgot about that one.

By then I should be practiced up with my new to me TTN shotgun...just have to decide if category will be Frontier Cartridge or Classic Cowboy.

10 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

Definitely will!  I forgot about that one.

By then I should be practiced up with my new to me TTN shotgun...just have to decide if category will be Frontier Cartridge or Classic Cowboy.

OR Frontiersman...

Besides Illowa Irregulars regular monthly matches held on the 3rd Sunday beginning in April through the Fall, I am planning the following:

Definite

May 28-30, 2021:  Iowa State Championship, Des Moines, IA;

Sept 24-26, 2021:  Illowa Irregulars Fall Round-Up, Milan, IL; and,

Sept 16-18, 2021:  Midwest Regional Championship (Gunsmoke), Morristown, MN;

Considering

March 18-20, 2021:  Hell on the Border, Fort Smith, AR;

April  21-24, 2021:  Land Run, Oklahoma City OK; and,

July 8-10, 2021:  Nebraska State Championship, Grand Island, NE.

Archived