SASS Wire Forum

Mountain Lion

Yul Lose

No pictures because he ran across the road to quick. For some reason Walmart shipments get sent to an abandoned house on the next road over to the west with the same house number but different street. My wife has tried to get Walmart to ship to our real address but to no avail so when she gets a delivery notice I get to go pick up the packages. They delivered one last night so as soon as it was light enough I drove over to pick it up. There is a lot of brush and undergrowth along both roads and as I was driving up the drive to the abandoned house a mountain lion ran across the road in front of me. Over the last 28 years living out here I’ve seen them 4 or 5 times. Pretty neat.

I have only seen mountain lions in San Bernadino Nat'l Forest, Joshua Tree Nat'l Monument and one near the American River up north here in CA. Beautiful creatures when seen from afar. The beauty wanes at 20' though. :D

Seen a couple in person. Been stalked by one I never saw, but his prints in the snow told me the story (hiking in the snow, in and out trail).

Fascinating critter. Would not want one on me. A bear attack would be more pleasant.

Coming for ya Yul!

On second thought...............

Nope. Too Scrawny and tough.

BaggySophisticatedBarb-size_restricted.gif

7 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Bob or lynx?:blink:

Looks like a lynx.

Ha d lots of bobcat and cougar in southern California within anywhere from a mile to forty miles east of LAX.  Had two women killed, one partially eaten, by cougars just north of Upland-MontClair area about the time we left.  Saw a bobcat the night after I moves to NWS Seal Beach crossing a road at the NW corner of the base.

A couple of years later there was a momma Bobcat and two kittens practicing being predators in tall grass right next to the freeway between LAX and the landing field for the Goodyear blimp.  4:00 pm and they flat stopped traffic so rubber-neckers could get their fill of ogling.

Archived