SASS Wire Forum

Makes Me Feel Old!

I know the aches and pains, having friends die and looking at old pictures make me feel old. But it really hit home when my son turned 55 today! Damn just seemed like yesterday when my wife and I brought him home from the hospital. He just bought himself a new truck for his birthday Happy Birthday to son Steve......!

Well getting old has some benefits. My first great grand child was born end of July. What a feeling, and holding him is worth anything I have to put up with to be here.

My three remaining boys are in their late forties to early 50's . Enough grand kids to almost need name tags. One great grand child so far. When I get up in the morning or during the day my legs definitely let me know I'm that old.:blink::o:blush:

On 11/24/2020 at 6:04 AM, Dirty Dog Doug said:

when the grandkids are dating and getting married 

Right. Three of our 12 grandkids are married, and the first great grand is on the way.

Three of our 5 kids now in their 50s....We're 72; started early with 3 kids by age 22, five by 28. It's paid off nicely!

To paraphrase William Saroyan: I always knew that everybody got old, but I thought an exception would be made in my case!

Mr. Red,

I think the word "thought" should be changed to "expected".

respectfully

wbj

:ph34r:

From my three daughters , aged 58, 56 , and 50 , I have 7 Grandchildren , who have between them 16 Great Grandchildren , ranging from the oldest at 21 years , and the youngest born last May.

I started early , I was 20 when my oldest was born.

Rex :D

Archived