SASS Wire Forum

Proof we've been on lockdown too long

Rye Miles #13621

I wouldn't get in line for a In n Out burger if there was anything else available. It is just a fried burger on a bun, nothing special about it. Same for the Habit, which are worse as they toast their buns. Never saw the appeal at all.

It's still a fast food burger. Just an overcooked hockey puck like McDonald's or any others. We've got one here and it's always got a line. Just proves to me that Yuma and Aurora are full of kalifornicators. They're the ones that think I&O are so wonderful.

PF

'

It ain’t too bad for an out the window burger.

REMEMBER!!  FAST FOOD IS NEITHER!!!

12 hours in line is a perfect example!!

I love In & Out Burgers. 5 Guys too. But I wouldn’t wait a half hour let alone 12 hours to get a burger from anywhere. 

Oh, and to you heroes that think In & Out doesn’t make good burgers... :P

Good, stay away, keeps the lines short. 

I don’t think it had anything to do with the pandemic. First off, that area is full of people from California where In and Out is a big thing. They’ve been talking about it for a year. And I think it’s the same mentality that causes people to stand in line for hours when the new  I- phones come out or the latest Star Wars movie. 
One of the news stations sent a reporter out there this morning. There were only about 20 cars there.

People are just idiots.

I recall when a new K-mart opened in Zanesville.

1973, it was, and cars were lined up a quarter of a mile and two lanes waiting to get into this new gee-whiz store!

If it's new, people will run to it, just because it's new and novel. 

No other reason.

One of the 1st In N Out's in the SF Bay area was in San Ramon on a 4 lane frontage road on the west side of I 680.  It was a block north of the freeway exit.  For a least a year one of the north bound frontage road lanes was blocked from 11:00AM and 8:00PM.  The lane was blocked for a 1/4 mile all the way to the freeway exit road intersection.   The traffic was so bad the SR Police stationed one or two officers to control traffic on the road during lunch & dinner hours.  On routes that I travel frequently I & the misses know where the In-N-Out's are located.  My favorites are single & double double animal style.  I do prefer 5 Guys.  The meat rivals that served by restaurants.   When in Carson City & hungry it is a dilemma deciding where to eat; since, In-N-Out & 5 Guys are <1/2 mile apart.

The fries are really good. Not 12 hours good, but i still remember picking some up in So Cal when driving through with a 27' Penske rental truck.

And no, I did not go through the drive through! I parked across the street.

I make a mean beef n' pork burger with spices and a blue cheese center.  I can whip them up and grill 'em, have plenty left over for the freezer and later consumpticatin'... in a whole lot less than 12 hours.

I spent a career as a police officer where that happened.  I live 35 miles away but still work in the city in the defense industry.  Every time I see something stupid like this -- and for the past 5 years we've made national news multiple times -- I'm even more thankful that I walked away from the job.

There were actually TWO such incidents, one in Aurora and one in Colorado Springs.  I was a cop at the latter.  

Archived