SASS Wire Forum

Do you have a USA made USFA 7.5" 38 Special?

levi littleton

I have new 4 3/4 and 5.5" 38 Special, USFA,  blue barrels.   I would really like to have a 7.5 barrel.   

If you have a USA made 38 Special gun and would like to swap out your 7.5" barrel for a shorter one I can do that for you.   

I have an FFL so  shipping is easy.   Send me a PM if you are interested.

I had to read that post about 4 times to figure it out.  It sounds like you're interested in the 7 1/2" barrel?  And if someone has one with a 7 1/2 inch barrel that would like a shorter one, you'll swap that out?  I'm still not clear on the offer here.

7 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I thought only FFL to FFL can ship handguns via USPS.:huh:

Might want to also post this in the classifieds. 

Good luck,

OLG 

I had an FFL tell me that as long as I was not selling the firearm, I could send it to him and he back to me via the USPS.

1 minute ago, Cholla said:

I had an FFL tell me that as long as I was not selling the firearm, I could send it to him and he back to me via the USPS.

Don't think so. You better ck with BATFE.

Last I heard, it was FFL to FFL only via USPS with handguns.

OLG 

10 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Don't think so. You better ck with BATFE.

Last I heard, it was FFL to FFL only via USPS with handguns.

OLG 

I believe that Cholla is right.  But always best to confirm with BATFE (sounds like a great convenience store to me - alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives.  A great date night).

1 minute ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I believe that Cholla is right.  But always best to confirm with BATFE (sounds like a great convenience store to me - alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives.  A great date night).

Based my remarks from about 2 years ago when I tried to ship a HG to Freedom Arms. 

The USPS said only a FFL holder can ship a HG and has to go the another FFL.

They have the BATFE data base to confirm the FFL. Just as UPS and Fed-X does.

Took the gun to a UPS hub and no issue to ship.

OLG Q

If Levi is who I think he is, he should be able to state the letter of the law. Admittedly my experience was with a rifle, which appears to be different than a handgun. I did find this:

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/how-to-mail-guns/

1. You can ship a firearm to a person in another state only if you ship it to an FFL holder in the destination state.  That is, if you wish to transfer a firearm to a nonlicensee who resides in another state, you must ship the gun to an FFL holder in your recipient’s state.  The FFL holder will release the firearm to the person once they’ve completed the ATF Form 4473 and NICS background check.  Even if you are shipping a gun for repair, if your gunsmith is out-of-state, they must either hold an FFL themselves or receive your gun through someone who does.

Archived