SASS Wire Forum

WTB 22 LR cylinder for colt Frontier scout

Hoss

Picked up a 22Mag colt scout F series. Hoping to find a 22 LR cylinder for it. Anybody have one floating around? I’d buy or trade the Magnum Cylinder for one. 

905B8D75-988F-493F-A821-437A01108B1E.jpeg

I do believe I have what you're looking for, which is wierd 'cause I've never owned a Frontier Scout.  How's about I mail it to ya and if it fits, you send me $80+ shipping.  If it doesn't fit, you send it back?

PM en route

Back in the good old days, maybe 30 years ago, I was at a gun shop looking at wishes and hopes.

Colt had a rep there, a cute young lady, that was handing out pins and stickers.

We chatted briefly, and I told her about how much I liked shooting my Colt Frontier Scout. She mentioned the Mag cylinder, and I told her that one didn't come with the pistol. I had bought the pistol at a gun shop, in used but like-new condition, for about $125, on lay-a-way. She took my name and address, and said that she would send me one. I smiled and said thanks.

Well, sure enough, a few weeks later, a new Mag cylinder was delivered to me.

I was impressed. I thought that was pretty cool. Trying to decide which kid inherits it. Probably my daughter. She first shot it at age 5, and loved it. 

I found one on Ebay some time back.Mine is nickle plated.

Largo

Archived