SASS Wire Forum

Widder, is this how to lube Barkeep Casey's new SKB shotgun?

Krazy Kajun

Hey Widder, Barkeep Casey asked me to pick up his new SKB shotgun for him and it felt a little stiff after I shot a 10 stage black powder match through it.  So Badlands Bob suggested that we treat him with cowboy kindness and see if we could loosen it up a little bit for him.  Two things here, I do recall that you mentioned having a "special" lube for your best friend's shotgun that you used and also since Barkeep Casey dispenses a little medicinal spirits and since he shoots in my category I felt that it would be in my best interests to imbibe a little whilst administering the lube.  Badlands Bob supervised and provided invaluable advice.  Ole Bob gives good advice when he's drinking.

Whilst working on the shotgun we found it really really really difficult to close so Bob suggested that I dollup a rather heaping tablespoon of said smooth peanut butter on the lugs and inside the action.  We think it will work better if it sets up for a few days.  The grease in the peanut butter seems to have dissolved the black powder fowling but we'll know in a few days if we were successful in our kind endeavor for our good pard, Barkeep Casey.

Barkeep, no thanks is necessary, ole Evil Bob, when he's drinking and Kajun, when he's not, will always be available to properly lube your guns, especially when you shoot in our category.

Kajun and Evil Bob, at your service :lol::D

IMG_8615[1336].JPG

Krazy,

If I were running for a political office, I would be incline to hire you for my Public Relations Officer.

You have indeed secured your life long friendship status with Barkeep due to your care and concern for his

SKB.

Red Knee, of Oklahoma fame, uses my special lube on all of his original Winchester 97 shotguns, which has propelled

him into probably the Top 5 97 shooters in the country.   In his own testimony, he states that he was a NOBODY until

he started using the Widder's special lube.   After that, he won the Oklahoma speed SG event, the SW Regional speed

SG event and then Winter Range (National) speed SG event.

You have taken the first giant step into becoming a renown SKB smith when you use that special lube.

P.S. - save the spoon for Barkeep.   He may want to lick it clean!   :P

..........Widder

10 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Shows you how little I know, Tennessee Williams told me to use Fluffernutter so that’s what I been using.  No wonder my SG seems stiff, I’ll start with the JIFF tomorrow.

You gotta watch ole TW, he’ll lie to ya straight faced. Shucks, last time I saw him he told me he was heading off to compete in a beauty contest and he fully expected to win the Humpty Dumpty fall face reconstruction contest, said he’s been working on his looks since ole Widder gave him a sideway glance and it skartem’ so bad he fell off his perch on the gut wagon. Ole TW is a notorious liar. 

Kajun

12 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

You gotta watch ole TW, he’ll lie to ya straight faced. Shucks, last time I saw him he told me he was heading off to compete in a beauty contest and he fully expected to win the Humpty Dumpty fall face reconstruction contest, said he’s been working on his looks since ole Widder gave him a sideway glance and it skartem’ so bad he fell off his perch on the gut wagon. Ole TW is a notorious liar. 

Kajun

He IS the #1 liar in all of Tennessee.   And that says a lot!   :lol:

..........Widder

On 11/21/2020 at 7:40 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

He IS the #1 liar in all of Tennessee.   And that says a lot!   :lol:

..........Widder

Well. Except when the Krazy one comes to town. By the way. Only amateurs use a plastic spoon to apply lube. KK needs to get some proper smithing tools.:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well. Except when the Krazy one comes to town. By the way. Only amateurs use a plastic spoon to apply lube. KK needs to get some proper smithing tools.:ph34r:

I’ll have you know that spoon was one I got when last I consumed a nanner split!

Kajun

9 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I’ll have you know that spoon was one I got when last I consumed a nanner split!

Kajun

Thats yer problem Krazy. Yer too dang tight, you could probably sit on a penny and squeeze a booger out of ole lincoln's nose. I ain't used a stock spoon on a nanner split in 4 years. I carry a double strong side get up. Each spoon has an outward cast with only a slight downward tilt. The right hand spoon is stainless, but the left side or as I like to call it, the moneymaker side is silver with gold accents. I can swap hands and gain a bite.

45 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Thats yer problem Krazy. Yer too dang tight, you could probably sit on a penny and squeeze a booger out of ole lincoln's nose. I ain't used a stock spoon on a nanner split in 4 years. I carry a double strong side get up. Each spoon has an outward cast with only a slight downward tilt. The right hand spoon is stainless, but the left side or as I like to call it, the moneymaker side is silver with gold accents. I can swap hands and gain a bite.

You got me there ole TW, I ain’t no gamer nanner split connoisseur!

Kajun

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Duelist or Gunfighter? A dropped loaded spoon is a MDQ at DQ

47 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Duelist or Gunfighter? A dropped loaded spoon is a MDQ at DQ

Duelist cause its coolest. The closest I've ever come to any penalties at Dairy Queen was a P for shooting out of category when I had 2 loaded spoons out at the same time. Luckily I rectified the situation before the one came fully out of the bowl. I have had a couple misses but I got by with them cause I dazzled the spotters with my blinding speed and artfully accomplished transitions.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 5:55 PM, Krazy Kajun said:

Hey Widder, Barkeep Casey asked me to pick up his new SKB shotgun for him and it felt a little stiff after I shot a 10 stage black powder match through it.  So Badlands Bob suggested that we treat him with cowboy kindness and see if we could loosen it up a little bit for him.  Two things here, I do recall that you mentioned having a "special" lube for your best friend's shotgun that you used and also since Barkeep Casey dispenses a little medicinal spirits and since he shoots in my category I felt that it would be in my best interests to imbibe a little whilst administering the lube.  Badlands Bob supervised and provided invaluable advice.  Ole Bob gives good advice when he's drinking.

Whilst working on the shotgun we found it really really really difficult to close so Bob suggested that I dollup a rather heaping tablespoon of said smooth peanut butter on the lugs and inside the action.  We think it will work better if it sets up for a few days.  The grease in the peanut butter seems to have dissolved the black powder fowling but we'll know in a few days if we were successful in our kind endeavor for our good pard, Barkeep Casey.

Barkeep, no thanks is necessary, ole Evil Bob, when he's drinking and Kajun, when he's not, will always be available to properly lube your guns, especially when you shoot in our category.

Kajun and Evil Bob, at your service :lol::D

IMG_8615[1336].JPG

Make sure you send the leftover lube and especially the "Crown" solvent with the gun. I am going to need it!

2 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I notice @Barkeep Casey is keeping his nose clean by steering clear of this spectacular thread.

I wrote the above response this morning. For some reason it did not submit my reply. Never had that happen before but at least it saved it.

@Tennessee williams You got to tread lightly with ole' Kajun. Last time you made him mad, that vodoo doll mysteriously appeared on your gun cart. If I recall correctly that weekend you had  6 misses and then got caught in an Antifa riot on the way home. Now most people reading this will think that we are joking, but that is a true story and that black magic ain't no joke.

55 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

@Tennessee williams You got to tread lightly with ole' Kajun. Last time you made him mad, that vodoo doll mysteriously appeared on your gun cart. If I recall correctly that weekend you had  6 misses and then got caught in an Antifa riot on the way home. Now most people reading this will think that we are joking, but that is a true story and that black magic ain't no joke.

Yes sir, true story. But. I call that 50/50. Yeah, the misses were bad. On the other hand, I was able to get caught up in the antifa riot and scare the heck out of a bunch of dummies!:ph34r: 

14 hours ago, Ron "Ironhead" Smith said:

What we have here are the two characters Shenan and Igans at the Southeast Regional. I suspect they each have a packet of crunchy peanut butter in their pockets for emergencies.

I knowed somehow you'd be using them pitchers agin us when ya wuz takin'em.  And yes, we try and be prepared some comical emergencies!

Kajun

9 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I knowed somehow you'd be using them pitchers agin us when ya wuz takin'em.  And yes, we try and be prepared some comical emergencies!

Kajun

I done told you I wuz gonna save them for a perfect time on the Wire!

Now I've been off wandering around in the camper, minding my own business and come back to the Wire to find that Kajun has done besmirched my good name and drug me into another one of his questionable adventures.  Barkeep, I had absolutely nothing to do with this.  It was all Kajun's doing.  

Just now, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Now I've been off wandering around in the camper, minding my own business and come back to the Wire to find that Kajun has done besmirched my good name and drug me into another one of his questionable adventures.  Barkeep, I had absolutely nothing to do with this.  It was all Kajun's doing.  

Naw, we decided to blame you because:

1. You left Kajun unsupervised

2. You weren't here to defend yourself

;)

On 11/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, Krazy Kajun said:

You got me there ole TW, I ain’t no gamer nanner split connoisseur!

Kajun

Screenshot_20201124-214322_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4541ecf74c3a1d2dc1240ecc539ae7d0.jpg

The proof is in the pudding....

This was taken at the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge with Widder before he went in for his bionic implant. He tried to steal a bite, but I bit him.

True story and real picture.  Notice the TWO spoons.   They really served him his nanner pudding with TWO spoons.

And this was AFTER his big meal.   I never seen nobody eat like he does.

..........Widder

Archived