SASS Wire Forum

CMP to Start a 2nd Round to purchase 1911's

Johnson County Mike

They still wont sell to Massachusetts....  :(

I noticed on the CMP's website that the Service Grages are going for I050.  Field Grades are going for 950.   Considering that a saw of couple of Field Grades on Gunbroker last night for twelve to fifteen hundred, not bad.  They come with some nice accessories, it seems.

Hi, the one I got is a "Service Grade" . It cost $1050 shipped. It's a straight 1911 made in 1918 and redone at the Springfield Armory. It has only one rebuild mark and not newly parkerized. The slide and frame match. It's one pistol , per person once in a lifetime.  You have to qualify, citizenship, club membership, etc.  follow the link. You may also want to think about getting an M1 Garand while your at it, regards, Mike

PS: here's an article you may find helpful. Yes it is worth the effort.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/08/20/purchasing-m1-garand-cmp/

1 hour ago, Johnson County Mike said:

Hi, the one I got is a "Service Grade" . It cost $1050 shipped. It's a straight 1911 made in 1918 and redone at the Springfield Armory. It has only one rebuild mark and not newly parkerized. The slide and frame match. It's one pistol , per person once in a lifetime.  You have to qualify, citizenship, club membership, etc.  follow the link. You may also want to think about getting an M1 Garand while your at it, regards, Mike

PS: here's an article you may find helpful. Yes it is worth the effort.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/08/20/purchasing-m1-garand-cmp/

Holy cow you got an original 1911?  Did you ask for it or was it the luck of the draw? 

Thanks for the headsup, I'm going to get another one.  I'll have to ask my brother in law if he ever got his.  I don't think they received his paperwork because he never got his number. 

12 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I noticed on the CMP's website that the Service Grages are going for I050.  Field Grades are going for 950.   Considering that a saw of couple of Field Grades on Gunbroker last night for twelve to fifteen hundred, not bad.  They come with some nice accessories, it seems.

I had a fairly low number (1167) and by the time they called me all they had left was the most expensive ones.  I'm surprised they're still showing the service grades on the website. 

Aww shucks, you got my hopes up for nothing @Johnson County Mike.  Oh well at least it gives my brother in law a chance to submit his paperwork correctly.  I will hold his hand this time. 

"Those who have already purchased a CMP 1911 through the RGN system or the Auction site will not be eligible to purchase a second 1911 at this time."

RGN means Randomly Generated Number. 

Hi, It's luck of the draw. I picked the" best"  condition and got what I got. My cousin did the same and  got a mismatched slide and frame and was not happy. He has a very interesting pistol though as the frame has an Austrian Army mark. Probably used during the occupation and issued to the Austrians,(maybe ?? ) Here's the original post https://www.1911forum.com/threads/unusual-cmp-1911.1001978/#post-12964474

When they call you they tell you what's available at that moment. This could change as they process more pistols.  One number for lifetime (?); will this change, I don't know. I misspoke I have a 1919 not 1918, regards, Mike

Archived