SASS Wire Forum

Found Some -- LR Primers

Cholla

I have 200 CCI LP primers that I would like to trade for 200 LR primers in the Prescott, Arizona area. I will be at the WRG match Sunday and most likely at the Yavapai Rangers match on the 29th. No shipping, so please don't ask.

I was able to purchase a brick locally. Thanks all!

41 minutes ago, Deacon Doug said:

Depending on what you’re reloading, you can substitute one for the other I believe.

Deacon Doug

You might want to research that a bit more Small rifle and small pistol you can get away with as dimensions are the same   Large rifle and large pistol are different. 

That was the I believe part, I haven’t tried it but I’d been told by ones who should know, and it was all for Cowboy shooting. Your experience may vary. If it does work then it could save Cholla some time. As in most things in life you can trust but verify.

DD

5 hours ago, Too Tall Bob said:

You might want to research that a bit more Small rifle and small pistol you can get away with as dimensions are the same   Large rifle and large pistol are different. 

I have a tool to swage the primer pocket shallower for LP but I prefer to keep them correct for LR.

45 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Dang it man. If you were closer I'd just hand them to you.

Thanks. I bought a Shiloh Sharps last year knowing I would be moving from Indiana to Arizona and Winter Range is just two hours away. The house we bought borders the Prescott National Forest so I have my own private range, but with the dry conditions this summer all recreational shooting was stopped. And all my reloading equipment was in storage waiting for a garage to be built. Still no garage but I dug all my reloading gear out three weeks ago and built a bench in our existing packed garage. Now the shooting ban has been lifted and I just realized I failed to purchase LR primers... Poor planning on my part. There is one local shop that may have LR primers so I will hit them up Monday.

19 hours ago, Buckshot Sheridan said:

Cholla give me a call. 

Jef

I think I found a local shop with them in stock. I am going to check tomorrow. I have copied your phone number in case it doesn't pan out. You may want to remove your phone number from public view.

Will do. I’ll be up in Prescott for the next 2 Monday about noon through about noon or 1 on Tuesday. I’ll toss a couple packs in with me if you’re interested. Would you mind telling me who the shop is. I’m looking for a couple thousand more LP primers. 

22 hours ago, Buckshot Sheridan said:

Will do. I’ll be up in Prescott for the next 2 Monday about noon through about noon or 1 on Tuesday. I’ll toss a couple packs in with me if you’re interested. Would you mind telling me who the shop is. I’m looking for a couple thousand more LP primers. 

High Country Guns in Prescott says they have LR Magnum primers. They do not have LP. Mazy's in Chino Valley may have some LP but they limit you to 500 and you have to buy powder at the same time. I can trade you the CCI LP primers I have for your LR. I am off this next week and will be out and about.

I found a brick of primers at High Country Guns. Thanks.

Archived