SASS Wire Forum

Now I am wondering

It will be a new version of the "gift of the Magi".  Mrs cowboy shooter will sell off her prize 38 specials to get a 44-40 to match her husband's favorite Colt, and Mr. cowboy shooter will sell off his favorite 44-40 Colt to get components to build 38 special ammo for his wife.

8 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

It will be a new version of the "gift of the Magi".  Mrs cowboy shooter will sell off her prize 38 specials to get a 44-40 to match her husband's favorite Colt, and Mr. cowboy shooter will sell off his favorite 44-40 Colt to get components to build 38 special ammo for his wife.

There is wisdom in those words. 

We'll have an "underground economy" in california... compounding the situation is pending legislation that would require that all parts be purchased through an FFL. :mellow:

37 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

We'll have an "underground economy" in california... compounding the situation is pending legislation that would require that all parts be purchased through an FFL. :mellow:

They will not stop trying to disarm the populace completely until they are defeated and  replaced. God knows when or if that will happen.

Without getting political, it causes me to wonder with all the gun sales in the last 8 years, and the number of folks that own guns, why would they want restrictions? In light of the present circumstances.  I guess I just don't  or need to understand. 

2 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Without getting political, it causes me to wonder with all the gun sales in the last 8 years, and the number of folks that own guns, why would they want restrictions? In light of the present circumstances.  I guess I just don't  or need to understand. 

I vote harvesting in the PRoK was abolished a lot of things on the ballot would no longer pass.

4 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

“They” the populace, or “they” the politicians?

Until recently, I don’t think any of them gave any critical thought to it. They just bought into an easy “solution” to a complex problem. Too many murders? Ban guns.  Now back to watching TV.

That is, until the problem gets close to them as it now is.  I’m thinking more gun control won’t get as much traction in 2021 as the minority libs and the press think it should. 

4 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Until recently, I don’t think any of them gave any critical thought to it. They just bought into an easy “solution” to a complex problem. Too many murders? Ban guns.  Now back to watching TV.

That is, until the problem gets close to them as it now is.  I’m thinking more gun control won’t get as much traction in 2021 as the minority libs and the press think it should. 

I hope you are correct. 

I agree with Abilene, I think it's just talk to appease their liberal antigun donors. There's enough pro gun democrats (I think) in the Senate that they would hold back on gun control plus it's not really on the "peoples" minds right now considering there's 5 million NEW gun owners and from what I hear quite a few libs/dems!

Mr. Biden is apparently planning to tax “assault weapons” and their magazines, $200 or so.

I kinda hope he does.  I kinda hope he pisses off every gun owner in the country.

Payback will be a bitch.

There will be lots of posturing, screaming and yelling from the very vocal minority. Maybe even a bill will be introduced. But if congress couldn’t pass the legislation proposed after Sandy Hook, and given all the new gun owners, I’m thinking it has less chance now. 

Having said that, I’m not resting easy. 

I trade computer services for reloading components.
Don't need the money... do want the components.
Many of my clients have gotten on in their years, don't have much use for the components anymore.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

Mr. Biden is apparently planning to tax “assault weapons” and their magazines, $200 or so.

I kinda hope he does.  I kinda hope he pisses off every gun owner in the country.

Payback will be a bitch.

I certainly hope he doesn't tax the mags. I have heard $200 for each mag 20 rounds and over. If he goes over 10 rounds my bill would be around $19,000. 

On 11/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

Payback will be a bitch.

He will first redefine “assault weapons” to be more encompassing.

$200 is just the tax stamp.  If you have someone else do the paperwork or buy a trust, there is $60-100.  There may be a charge for the fingerprinting service, $20.  The engraving cost per device, $60-75.  Who will hold possession of the items while waiting for paperwork?  If it must be turned in to an FFL, is there a monthly storage fee or a return transfer fee?   Currently, the process is taking about 7 months, expect that wait to spike dramatically if the proposed plan is followed.  Is your existing FFL set up to handle this transfer (SOT)?  The cost and headache could be much higher than $200 per device.

1 hour ago, Dustin Checotah said:

I certainly hope he doesn't tax the mags. I have heard $200 for each mag 20 rounds and over. If he goes over 10 rounds my bill would be around $19,000. 

A “standard” capacity would likely be limited to 10 rounds, making 11 or more round capacity an NFA device.  I’ve not found any Politician publishing that differentiates box fed from tube fed.

Politician has not defined “large” on his website so we mist reference the third parties he does and his prior voting in congress.  Both show 10 rounds being “standard” capacity.

To the original post:

The prices for smelters and casting equipment has gone up at local estate auctions.  The lead bars have slightly gone up in price.  All other components and factory rounds have gone up considerably.  They are still out there for cash if you’re willing to beat the going bid.  I’ve found bartering to be more economical lately.

Many of those new gun buyers don’t know enough about firearms and the laws to know the difference.  If the “study” asks “Do you support gun control?”  “Do you support universal background checks to end gun show loopholes?” the ignorant participant has been given no definition or description of the terms or proposal.  They have further been misinformed by inferring there is a loophole at gun shows.  I can understand why they vote yes.  It is our job to educate them about misinformation, cherry picked stats, and changes that could be effective rather than another restriction on law abiding citizens.

You guys really own guns, mags, ammo and loading components?

We live in interesting times, where what is said repeatedly becomes "truth" and elected officials only call themselves leaders and never hired servants.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:20 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

Payback will be a bitch.

Good thing only the military uses assault weapons and civilians don't have any. ;)

6 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

It is our job to educate them about misinformation, cherry picked stats, and changes that could be effective rather than another restriction on law abiding citizens.

Good luck with that.
You will have as much success with that, as you will with educating the wild eyed "orange man bad" people.
It just isn't going to happen.

As to the Supreme Court.... more successful impeachments have been done to judges than presidents.
A Democrat win or even a tie in the Senate will see the impeachment of Kavanaugh and Barrett.
RINOs Collins, Romney and Murkowski will side with Democrats to convict those new justices, and replace them with hard-left puppets.

As to magazine capacities... CA exempts tube magazines from the 10-round limit.
Lever guns and 22LR tube magazine guns are exempt.
As goes CA/NY, eventually goes the nation.

ive traded components over the years - wont be anything new here , 

but we may all have to go black and make our own if stuff goes wrong - maybe time to tune the flintlocks up with the primer shortage 

Archived