SASS Wire Forum

CA Covid Curfew

https://abc7.com/governor-newsom-california-curfew-gavin-los-angeles/8101518/

This is in effect in the purple counties.

Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response

Sheriff's of many counties, including Sacramento and San Diego, are already issuing statements that they will not enforce it. :)

My county is red; but, I know Sheriff Ryan would not enforce one, if we were purple.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/some-california-sheriffs-won-t-enforce-newsom-curfew-la-to-focus-on-voluntary-compliance/ar-BB1bbIck

He can pound sand.

I have had deaths in my family that were attributed to Covid. I do comply with the mask requirement.

One implied point of this post is "what difference does the time make?" I heard on the news that the curfew was between 10pm and 5am. If people are out at those hours, they would encounter less people than between 10am and 5pm. It isn't logical to have a curfew.

2 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Control

Imis

Control. 100%

Ze government testing to see how far they can go...

47 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I have had deaths in my family that were attributed to Covid. I do comply with the mask requirement.

One implied point of this post is "what difference does the time make?" I heard on the news that the curfew was between 10pm and 5am. If people are out at those hours, they would encounter less people than between 10am and 5pm. It isn't logical to have a curfew.

I imagine to cut down on large parties which generally happen in the wee hours with no social distancing.

6 minutes ago, Steel-eye Steve SASS #40674 said:

I imagine to cut down on large parties which generally happen in the wee hours with no social distancing.

I wonder how many of those happen and how large per capita they are. As I wrote, there is no logic proving curfew is helping prevent the spread of covid. Further, the first massive spread was in a senior-living complex.

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

To all of you who have not had it, do not love anybody who has had it and do not know anybody who has died because of it, you are lucky... and ignorance is bliss.  I wish I was still ignorant too.

I’ve had it and got over it. Knew some folks that had it and died. Got a neighbor and his wife that haven’t left their 5 acre fenced property for six months now and the other day he told me they’re prepared to stay there for two more years if that’s what it takes and then tearfully told me he hasn’t seen his grand kids in that entire time including the two new ones that were born. Him and his wife both wear masks constantly, even in the house by themselves. If that’s how they want to live that’s fine, I’d rather live my life differently. 

Kinda reminds me of a quote...

"Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

The biggest issue is everybody has a different opinion about who is the teacher and who is the pig.

Think I will simply add another subject to the list... never discuss politics, religion, or covid.

7 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Ya'll see the Governor at a diner, indoors with about 14 people, no masks, no distancing

Seriously?  When is the last time you heard of a Mayor, Governor, Senator, Congressman, or top executive that understood that the rules they make apply to themselves as well?  Doesn't mean the rules are incorrect (or correct), just means that the guy is a moron with a much too high opinion of himself.

My thoughts are that wearing a mask to keep out covid is a lot like building a chain link fence around your yard to keep out mosquitoes.

I wear a mask when in a store - outside - not going to happen.  ANd I think this is a worthess venture to implement control over us.

STL Suomi

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I wonder how many of those happen and how large per capita they are. As I wrote, there is no logic proving curfew is helping prevent the spread of covid. Further, the first massive spread was in a senior-living complex.

None of the rules like curfew will fix the nursing home problems.   I had a church member who was 98.  After she got to church she got confused so I drove her home and family put her in a nursing home where she suddenly got the virus and soon died.  How many others have got it the same way?  

Telling me to not have Thanksgiving because of increased deaths at nursing homes doesn't solve that problem. 

'Yay, Margaret~!  ^_^

Fresno Sheriff Margaret Mims, however, said she wouldn't be penalizing residents who didn't follow the curfew, FOX 26 reported.

Sheriff Margaret Mims (Official photo)

"We've got a lot of things to do, including taking guns away from gang members, stopping narcotic trafficking, and saving children from internet predators," Mims said during a video briefing Thursday afternoon.

“We’re not gonna make criminals of normally law-abiding citizens.”

1 hour ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

My thoughts are that wearing a mask to keep out covid is a lot like building a chain link fence around your yard to keep out mosquitoes.

with the size of mosquitoes in Texas chain link does a great job.  :D

32 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

'Yay, Margaret~!  ^_^

Fresno Sheriff Margaret Mims, however, said she wouldn't be penalizing residents who didn't follow the curfew, FOX 26 reported.

"We've got a lot of things to do, including taking guns away from gang members, stopping narcotic trafficking, and saving children from internet predators," Mims said during a video briefing Thursday afternoon.

“We’re not gonna make criminals of normally law-abiding citizens.”

Sheriff Mims is a champion of the people.

184ef83.jpg

88e0d77.jpg

ae88602.jpg

Four Eyed Buck beat me to it.

Ohio does indeed have just such a curfew now, and like others posting before me, I cannot for the life of me understand how it can be justified -- except (again, as previously posters pointed), as a control measure, an experiment in mass compliance.

Our fearless #%¥+&@!Governor jyst put on a curfew from 10:00pm to 5am. Retail stores, Bars restaurants and gyms. You can still get delivery or get food from drive throughs. Apparently Ohio has the “nocturnal “ strain of the COVID-19!:P

46 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Apparently Ohio has the “nocturnal “ strain of the COVID-19!:P

I believe you’re onto something, Rye. California has the same restrictions. Must be something to it...this thing supposedly came from bats. Maybe these idiots think Count Dracula and friends are plotting something. :lol:

58 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I believe you’re onto something, Rye. California has the same restrictions. Must be something to it...this thing supposedly came from bats. Maybe these idiots think Count Dracula and friends are plotting something. :lol:

I never even thought of that! Great point!!:P

IMO, C19 is not "going away" any more than influenza is going away.

Two of my daughters are COVID nurses.
Both have been exposed, tested multiple times, never contracted it.

Masks are helpful.
Hand washing is CRITICAL.

They tell me the huge majority of COVID patients in their hospitals are Latinos.
It ain't a racist thing... it's a culture thing.

I am in the "it will kill me" risk group, due to chronic tendency toward lung infections.
I understand C19 is very delicate and withers in higher temperatures... and why it is surging again now the weather has turned.

I have a GE electric tea pot to boil water for coffee.
If I leave the top not fully latched, it boils nicely without shutting off.
I put a towel over my head, and inhale the steam through nose and mouth.

C19 lives in the throat and nasal passages a few days before it goes down into the lungs.
Steam kills it (I'm told) and washes it down into the stomach where it is further killed and swept out.
If I get C19 into my lungs, it WILL kill me.

I've never seen anything about steam making C19 worse or more active, so I figure... if steam works good for bronchitis it can't hurt when I start getting the first signs of a sore throat.

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

IMO, C19 is not "going away" any more than influenza is going away.

Two of my daughters are COVID nurses.
Both have been exposed, tested multiple times, never contracted it.

Masks are helpful.
Hand washing is CRITICAL.

They tell me the huge majority of COVID patients in their hospitals are Latinos.
It ain't a racist thing... it's a culture thing.

I am in the "it will kill me" risk group, due to chronic tendency toward lung infections.
I understand C19 is very delicate and withers in higher temperatures... and why it is surging again now the weather has turned.

I have a GE electric tea pot to boil water for coffee.
If I leave the top not fully latched, it boils nicely without shutting off.
I put a towel over my head, and inhale the steam through nose and mouth.

C19 lives in the throat and nasal passages a few days before it goes down into the lungs.
Steam kills it (I'm told) and washes it down into the stomach where it is further killed and swept out.
If I get C19 into my lungs, it WILL kill me.

I've never seen anything about steam making C19 worse or more active, so I figure... if steam works good for bronchitis it can't hurt when I start getting the first signs of a sore throat.

Steam opens clogged bronchial passageways; so, what you may be doing is creating an easier route for Covid to reach your lungs,,,,,,sorry..it seems that every anecdotal report regarding somebody's aunt who "got the virus" contains yet another conflicting version of how it's transmitted.  Until I can get vaccinated, I'm staying isolated and washing/wiping everything.  I'm in the same boat as you - over 65 with "tender" lungs that seem to attract every infection and contaminant in sight.  

LL

I was watching  a Presser and CA was doing better than most centeral   states 

It seems to be a joke from the gelled wonder  lots of holes in it and cops say we have better thing to do 

for pole dancing clubs that used to open at  9pm  oh Well

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Steam opens clogged bronchial passageways; so, what you may be doing is creating an easier route for Covid to reach your lungs,,,,,,sorry..it seems that every anecdotal report regarding somebody's aunt who "got the virus" contains yet another conflicting version of how it's transmitted.  Until I can get vaccinated, I'm staying isolated and washing/wiping everything.  I'm in the same boat as you - over 65 with "tender" lungs that seem to attract every infection and contaminant in sight.  

LL

My two daughters are highly trained nurses, not lawyers, so I value their thoughtful medical answers quite highly.
They are not somebody's aunt who got the virus.
Both tell me that diligent hand washing is the real key to prevention.

The passage way from the nose to lungs isn't blocked or closed, or we would all be dead by suffocation.
C19 has already gotten through the unblocked nasal passages of over 200,000 people and killed them.

The method of transmission is not in question.
The method of passage inside the body is well documented, and the reason why they stick a swab up your nose and scratch the back of your head with it.
The bug harbors in the nasal passages for X amount of time before descending into the lungs.

C19 has been shown to die when faced with higher temperatures.
This is why the virus becomes more active in colder weather:  it can survive longer.
The intent of steaming is flooding the nasal passages and throat with hotter than ambient air.

As to the vaccine... I remember every Version 1.0 product over the last several decades that comes fraught with bugs.
I remember the thalidomide tragedy... a version 1.0 product that caused birth defects in thousands of children.

The C19 vaccine is in a headlong rush to market, IMO for political purposes as much as medical.
This is a Version 1.0 vaccine.
The great thing about America:  I am not (yet) forced to take that vaccine.... and I am a strong proponent of (tested) vaccines.

12 hours ago, bgavin said:

Quite possibly, but I think the biggest factor is the re-opening of many facilities and the increase in people thinking the worst is past and they can resume normal activities. We're seeing exploding caseloads where the communities have opened back up and people are carrying on.

I'm afraid that generally speaking Americans are just not good at sacrifice over a long period of time. We have become an instant gratification society over the past 75 years.

I think that if this was WW2 the public would not be able to sustain a 4 year fight if it involved things like gas and food rationing.

The "We're all in this together" phrase is beginning to fall on deaf ears. And it doesn't help when we see out "leadership" acting as they do.

PLUS ONE too Crazy Gun Barney

PLUS ONE too Loophole Larue

PLUS ONE too Utah Bob

Ignorance is Bliss.  Far far too many are too willing to PARROT the ignorance of others.  If you don't have good credible scientific evidence of your opinion, it's not worth bird scrapings and should not be shouted at others.  Ignorance is curable.  STUPIDITY is not and is far too often FATAL.

5 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

PLUS ONE too Crazy Gun Barney

PLUS ONE too Loophole Larue

PLUS ONE too Utah Bob

Ignorance is Bliss.  Far far too many are too willing to PARROT the ignorance of others.  If you don't have good credible scientific evidence of your opinion, it's not worth bird scrapings and should not be shouted at others.  Ignorance is curable.  STUPIDITY is not and is far too often FATAL.

You talking to me? BTW it's "to" not "too."

On 11/20/2020 at 8:32 AM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

You should by now...We do not have the brightest people running this state....I have a feeling we are getting the leftovers/scraps.....Must be a California education....

Texas Lizard

This disease is real.

The hype is also real.

If someone coughs in a grocery store aisle, I don't need what is in that aisle.

Don't get consumed by the hype, but don't be stupid either.

No worse than H1N1? Maybe, depending on how one interprets the stats. I still don't want H1N1.

Oh yes, it is also flu season again. Did I mention H1N1? I don't want it.

As to the curfew, if you are into hooking up, you now need to do so before 10PM. No more of this risky 2AM garbage, act early!. And for guidance in this, look to Canada. the health authorities recommend wearing masks when hooking up at any hour of the day. Other than this, I'm not sure what purpose a curfew serves... But I do think a requirement to wash hands is not enforceable. Nor is a prohibition on touching yourself above your shoulders in public enforceable.

While not enforceable, don't touch yourself above your shoulders in public, and wash your hands before doing so in private. And if hooking up, I guess wearing a mask won't hurt. Might be a bit weird, but it won't hurt. Canadian authorities have said so. And California now says to do so before 10PM.

Archived