SASS Wire Forum

Taco Bell Has Recipes

Subdeacon Joe

The company was started by a Marine. Did you expect anything less than regimented, consistent recipes?

When I was in OBC, Thanksgiving came up, none of us could get home, and for most it was our first holiday away from family. 

A group of us got together, assigned dishes to bring, and had a grand old time.

I could see somebody bringing a Taco Bell pie and we would have enjoyed it.

I don't know why they get such a bad rap. I like quite a few of their offerings. The regular old Bean Burrito is my favorite! I've had better mexican food at other places but for a quick meal Taco Bell is just fine with me!:)

It is in everyone’s best interest to remember that “fast food” is NEITHER!!

12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't know why they get such a bad rap. I like quite a few of their offerings. The regular old Bean Burrito is my favorite! I've had better mexican food at other places but for a quick meal Taco Bell is just fine with me!:)

Yep.  Is it "authentic?"  No, but then most "Mexican" fare in the US is really a version of Tex-Mex.
Is it the most healthy choice?  No. Or likely not.  But in moderation, it ain't bad. 

Should you eat it every day?  No.  But then, you likely shouldn't have half a pound of bacon, a raft of biscuits under a lake of sausage gravy, ham steak, fried potatoes, and eggs fried in bacon grease every day either.  That guy who "outed" McDonalds by eating every meal there for a year and taking all the upsizes that he was asked if he wanted was an extremist trying to pass of his junk-science hit piece as "research."

I find it tasty, reasonably priced, and a nice little treat after a hard day or hard week.

Archived