SASS Wire Forum

Photo audits

Maybe you have seen these, maybe not. The idea is that some franchised restaurant has done some work on their place and the franchiser wants to make sure the result meets corporate standards. They want specific pictures. I’ve done a few of these assignments. I’ve gotten so that I ask for distance pay.  Tomorrow I will do one for a Pizza Hut that has closed. I must take specific photos to confirm that there are no signs that it was a Pizza Hut.  Now the interesting thing is, if it does not look like a Pizza Hut but was a Pizzahut, what does it look like?  I am thinking a red building with a not too peaked roof.

Soooo, this one turns out to be interesting. I was sent to a vacant lot, but it is a lot which has been cleared and has something like “will build to suit” but nothing built yet.

The assigner said “maybe we sent you to the wrong address”, we’re investigating. I told them what it should have been [googled it].

i do these “shops” for something to do, I decline many for various reasons, I won’t do a Walmart, for example, store is too sloppy.

and I ask for extra money)))))).

Just now, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Soooo, this one turns out to be interesting. I was sent to a vacant lot, but it is a lot which has been cleared and has something like “will build to suit” but nothing built yet.

The assigner said “maybe we sent you to the wrong address”, we’re investigating. I told them what it should have been [googled it].

i do these “shops” for something to do, I decline many for various reasons, I won’t do a Walmart, for example, store is too sloppy.

and I ask for extra money)))))).

Do a google satellite view of the address they sent you to.  Does the satellite view match what you saw? When you go to street view it will show the month and year that street was last imaged.

The satellite views only get updated but every few years. and street view even longer.

Once a year I have to take photos of this to prove to the army we still have it and haven’t sold it to the Taliban or a local farmer. :rolleyes:

196CF251-D12B-45EE-8B47-804B1C0A6FAD.jpeg

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Once a year I have to take photos of this to prove to the army we still have it and haven’t sold it to the Taliban or a local farmer. :rolleyes:

196CF251-D12B-45EE-8B47-804B1C0A6FAD.jpeg

How do you prove that it's a current photo?

Take a dozen pictures of the tank, from 12 different positions, over a period of 2 weeks. Then sell the tank to the terrorists, and send the Army a different picture every year. How can they tell you didn't do that?

Do you do like they do in proof of life stories about kidnap victims? Stand in front of the tank holding that day's newspaper? ^_^

fake news is all around us , let them come take their own photo - what self-respecting terrorist wants this antique anyway ? ours here like molotov cocktails and bricks - easier to transport unnoticed ,

all lives matter - all businesses matter , even the hard working innocents in the inner city trying to provide for those that burn and loot , 

23 hours ago, Alpo said:

How do you prove that it's a current photo?

Take a dozen pictures of the tank, from 12 different positions, over a period of 2 weeks. Then sell the tank to the terrorists, and send the Army a different picture every year. How can they tell you didn't do that?

Do you do like they do in proof of life stories about kidnap victims? Stand in front of the tank holding that day's newspaper? ^_^

Well, if they put their top cyber photo analysts on it they could tell from the cloud patterns, sun position, and atmospheric clarity. 
:P It used to be they only wanted a signed form. Next they’ll prolly want a live video feed. :rolleyes:

Archived