SASS Wire Forum

2020 just keeps on keepin on

Utah Bob #35998

A month or two ago we got a letter from an energy company (never heard of em) sayong they were gou=ing to put a solarpanel array in the area. No location but they did have a date and place for a meeting of the locals so they could explain everything. Well the meeting was cancelled twice. As I recall they said they wree coung to use about 1-200 acres or so. Then Monday I see several trucks and some people on the property next to outs. It's about 100 acres as I recall. There s a mobile home there but no one has lived there for 15 years.They do farm it every season. Usually beans or wheat.

I suspect that's going to be the location. Right next door to us and between us and the view of the Blue Mountains.

Instedd of this we'll be looking at 1,000 shiny solar panels.

So far this hasn't been the worst year of my life, but it's getting close.

:(

BluesSunset3-4-18.jpg

Call them up and let them know of your proclivity for shooting up into the air to celebrate holidays...mention your love for the thunder of 00 Buck magnum loads...

Tell em there's an endangered species there, Rocky Mountain Oysters, Jackalopes, Dire Wolves, anything, some tree hugger will take it to court on the behalf of the poor critters

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Tell em there's an endangered species there, Rocky Mountain Oysters, Jackalopes, Dire Wolves, anything, some tree hugger will take it to court on the behalf of the poor critters

1 hour ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Looks like ancient burial grounds to me.

Better warn them.

They are required to do both an archaeological and threatened species survey before they can start any construction.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

They are required to do both an archaeological and threatened species survey before they can start any construction.

So, what you’re saying is, you have time, though it be in the still of the night......I’ve got some dinosaur bones and arrow heads I’d sell ya.

I remember a post you made about finding arrowheads and knapped flint debris on your property.  If you can get evidence of burials you should be able to tie them in knots.

Not that I would fake anything of course...

;)

48 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

So, what you’re saying is, you have time, though it be in the still of the night......I’ve got some dinosaur bones and arrow heads I’d sell ya.

That wouldn’t do it. But an Endangered Black Footed Ferret sitting on top of a burial mound would. :D

UB,

Didn't you have a post early this week titled "It's Good to Live Out in the Country".  How the times have changed. Sit tight, they'll probably change again.:)

5 hours ago, No Horse Hair, SASS #77464 said:

better than an amusement park........

Har. An amusement park out in the middle of nowhere. :D

1 hour ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

UB,

Didn't you have a post early this week titled "It's Good to Live Out in the Country".  How the times have changed. Sit tight, they'll probably change again.:)

It’s still good. Just maybe could be gooder. ;)

13 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I got some black paint.

:ph34r:

I’m fresh outta ferrets though.

Let em build it, if it all goes in the pot you got all the lectric you need right next door.

Invest in some pure sine wave inverters

2 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Let em build it, if it all goes in the pot you got all the lectric you need right next door.

Invest in some pure sine wave inverters

It doesn’t work that way. The companies sell the power to the grid.
They put in a big wind farm over in Monticello. There were lots of promises. Folks thought their electric bill would go down. There’s a lot of pissed off people over there now.

Solar goes through either a converter inverter to the grid or a charge controller to a battery bank for storage to feed an a.c. inverter for house power.  

If it goes in the pot and I have a solar farm next door I'm going to reroute at least enough power so I have house power during daylight hours. 

I already own enough solar to handle basic house needs and some remote water pumping. I want 2kw output and storage

I’m not going to be “re-routing” anything. :blink:

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It doesn’t work that way. The companies sell the power to the grid.
They put in a big wind farm over in Monticello. There were lots of promises. Folks thought their electric bill would go down. There’s a lot of pissed off people over there now.

Funny how that reduced rate thingy works out. 

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Bob...check with the county and see if the "construction" needs permits.

This is Dolores county. You have to roll up your windows when you drive by the courthouse or they'll throw a permit in your car. ;) 

I have no doubt they've covered all the bases.

52 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

This is Dolores county. You have to roll up your windows when you drive by the courthouse or they'll throw a permit in your car. ;) 

I have no doubt they've covered all the bases.

Just thought it might give you an idea of what's happening.

4 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I'm sorry.   That is horrible.   I prefer beans and bread to unreliable solar energy 

Wind and solar, two of the biggest scams going....

3 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Just thought it might give you an idea of what's happening.

Still waiting for them to reschedule the public meeting.

Archived