SASS Wire Forum

our clubs new Double cowboy targets

Dirty Dog Doug

It came out nice for a pile of steel that was rusting away at our gun club 

The second one should go alot faster now that I kind of know what I am doing 

the next one will also have 2 PLUMB pieces of rebar 

IMG_0500.JPG

We're ready to blast away at them, Doug!  Be ready by the December shoot? Need any help transporting?

Just now, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

We're ready to blast away at them, Doug!  Be ready by the December shoot? Need any help transporting?

I hope to finish the second one and drag it down to little creek tomorrow or saturday 

and test them 

they will be ready for Faultline 

Grab me on the way by, I am just off 17 and 85, and I could help "test" them with you. 

The Rebar and right Angle frames are going to create Back-Splatter.  The rigid vertical targets at right angle to the firing line are also going to generate lots of Back-Splatter.  Good Luck.

they are knock downs , pretty much copy of the 20 singles we have at our range 

we get back splatter off all our shotgun target even with center hits 

once we set 4 shotgun targets in front of Loading table... just once we learned fast 

yes the flat face will splatter alot but that requires a miss by 15 inches , yes it could happen but.

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

The Rebar and right Angle frames are going to create Back-Splatter.  The rigid vertical targets at right angle to the firing line are also going to generate lots of Back-Splatter.  Good Luck.

thanks for the input ! took a little vodka to make me think  just turn the front angle iron so the V points to the firing line .

I guess building  them just like the other ones was wrong

I can adjust the lean of target to lean in more . I had them set close to plumb 

will add angle iron to rebar above the chain pull

I will blast them this weekend and see if adding flat plate to fill the angle iron is needed 

will test rebar  smooth bar and angle iron to see what splatters the least 

Thanks again 

That was really easy to fix ! now we have 45 degree steel in front 

now do I cut the weld and change the other one  or just add an angel plate ? plate is alot less work and I am really lazy 

IMG_0504.JPG

always keep it simple but we gotta think of that splash back - i get hit at every shoot i go to , just gotta minimize it and make Shure the splatter is small - low velocity if its gonna happen , 

Archived