SASS Wire Forum

Drones for... Rattlesnakes???

Cholla

As I look at potential rattlesnake den areas my 19-year old mind says, hey, lets hike up there and see if there's a den. My 59-year old legs say, let me know how to goes because I'm waiting in the truck.

I am thinking a drone with a camera could make rattlesnake hunting easier. Anyone have experience in something like this? I don't want to break the bank but I also don't want to be disappointed with junk.

If you live in the Prescott area, own a drone, and want to look for rattlesnakes, let me know.

it won't be long before someone creates a 'bomb drop' device for a drone.   Then we will be able to see

napalm dropped on snake dens and large herds of pigs down in Texas.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

it won't be long before someone creates a 'bomb drop' device for a drone.   Then we will be able to see

..........Widder

Apparently ISIS has been doing this for a while now. You can find videos of them dropping IEDs on the net. 

I have also seen videos of drones with paint ball guns, flamethrowers, and rifles attached to them. 

Several militaries are looking at arming the larger hobby drones with small rockets carrying anti-personnel and anti-armor warheads.

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Bet that's how some of the fires were started on the left coast.

OLG 

4 hours ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Wow ... people are doing it ... found videos on the YTube ... Sounds like fun for "SOMEONE" ... (yeah ... someone else!!) ... :mellow:

Low altitude drone flying is not for the novice.  Between wind gusts and a twitchy finger on the joysticks, it would be real easy to crash it into the den.

1 hour ago, Ozark Shark said:

Low altitude drone flying is not for the novice.  Between wind gusts and a twitchy finger on the joysticks, it would be real easy to crash it into the den.

Yeah, but think about how cool it would be if you could rig up some kind of snare device and snag them with the drone and fly them back to the bottom of the hill!

14 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

Yeah, but think about how cool it would be if you could rig up some kind of snare device and snag them with the drone and fly them back to the bottom of the hill!

Nope, nope, nope. Drop 'em in the back of a tree-hugger's Prius with a moonroof! Bonus points depending on their bumper stickers!

Archived