SASS Wire Forum

Many of you probably know Ace is gifted and skilled as a precision woodworker.  He should change his alias to Merlin the Magician.

He restored a destroyed butt stock for my .32 H&R Marlin to such a degree the disastrous ruptures are now invisible. 

Quickly and reasonably.

My error was in overloading my safe......when actually FULL, I found it could get fuller by inserting some more rifles barrel down.  They  are all protected in their leather sleeves, so no dings.  Upon opening the door and being distracted, the Marlin fell out and landed butt first on the cement floor, splitting in 2 places (top and bottom) and breaking 3 pieces off inside the attachment area.   

Lesson learned.  I need another safe.

1 hour ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

Many of you probably know Ace is gifted and skilled as a precision woodworker.  He should change his alias to Merlin the Magician.

He restored a destroyed butt stock for my .32 H&R Marlin to such a degree the disastrous ruptures are now invisible. 

Quickly and reasonably.

My error was in overloading my safe......when actually FULL, I found it could get fuller by inserting some more rifles barrel down.  They  are all protected in their leather sleeves, so no dings.  Upon opening the door and being distracted, the Marlin fell out and landed butt first on the cement floor, splitting in 2 places (top and bottom) and breaking 3 pieces off inside the attachment area.   

Lesson learned.  I need another safe.

It helps when you have all the pieces!

Thanks Mr Bad

On 11/19/2020 at 6:11 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hey BB, can you post a couple pictures of the repaired stock?

OLG 

You won't see anything except what the stock looked like undamaged! :)

Repairing a stock is a lot easier, and cheaper than buying a new one.

I bought Kaya a 25 gun safe thinking it would help my space limitations. I was wrong..... Did you know guns have sex and make baby guns?;?!?!?!

Archived