SASS Wire Forum

Defend Old Fort Parker

Hoss

One of my favorite places to shoot is Fort Parker. I’m a history buff and this place is special. it’s The fort that Cynthia Ann Parker was kidnapped from by the Comanche Indians. She was later the mother of Quanah Parker, a famous Comanche chief. 
long range is shot from the fort Blockhouse, thru little gunports. It’s really interesting!  You can see/read about the fort here. 

https://oldfortparker.org/

this match is a major fund raiser for the Fort. We need to keep this piece of Texas history alive. If you’ve never shot there, I recommend it! 

my guns are packed, I’m going to shoot LR, single shot and big bore lever as well as pistol caliber, both BP and smokeless. I even brought my plainsman guns for the plainsman side match, as well as pocket pistols and derringer. 15 guns all together :D 

looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new friends, and shooting my last multi-day annual of the year. Can’t wait! 

19 hours ago, Hoss said:

One of my favorite places to shoot is Fort Parker. I’m a history buff and this place is special. it’s The fort that Cynthia Ann Parker was kidnapped from by the Comanche Indians. She was later the mother of Quanah Parker, a famous Comanche chief. 
long range is shot from the fort Blockhouse, thru little gunports. It’s really interesting!  You can see/read about the fort here. 

https://oldfortparker.org/

this match is a major fund raiser for the Fort. We need to keep this piece of Texas history alive. If you’ve never shot there, I recommend it! 

my guns are packed, I’m going to shoot LR, single shot and big bore lever as well as pistol caliber, both BP and smokeless. I even brought my plainsman guns for the plainsman side match, as well as pocket pistols and derringer. 15 guns all together :D 

looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new friends, and shooting my last multi-day annual of the year. Can’t wait! 

So you're shooting pocket pistol this time?  Oh well, winnings not everything - I'll just have fun then ;)

And don't forget to give me $10 for that Yul Lose raffle ticket I've been saving for you all this time :D

5 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

You heathen, shooting smokeless, shame on you :P :D

P.S. are you in the Portland that’s near Corpus?

Yes, Portland Tx right across the bay from Corpus Christi. 

15 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

So you're shooting pocket pistol this time?  Oh well, winnings not everything - I'll just have fun then ;)

And don't forget to give me $10 for that Yul Lose raffle ticket I've been saving for you all this time :D

It ain’t over till it’s over! Last 2 matches I loaned pocket pistol and a LR rifle out. Got beat both times with my own durn gun!

im going to wait until after the drawing  to pay up :D

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Yes, Portland Tx right across the bay from Corpus Christi. 

I spent some time down your way in Ingleside and Corpus.  Took me a while to get used to the area but once I did I loved it.  I’m betting it’s changed a lot in the 14 years since I was last there. 

28 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Who's running that club now?

Those that I am aware of are Mr & Mrs Cloud, that be Cherokee & Silver,, and the legendary Texas Gunslinger. 

I'm headed down that way in the morning.  Perhaps the only entry in FCD, but I need to get to practicing for WR.

48 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Those that I am aware of are Mr & Mrs Cloud, that be Cherokee & Silver,, and the legendary Texas Gunslinger. 

I'm headed down that way in the morning.  Perhaps the only entry in FCD, but I need to get to practicing for WR.

I'm thinking if the Creek don't rise and the weather holds I might try to slide down on Saturady. Maybe sell a few things. I got some primers that are just sitting around, a couple of shotguns, a Miruku 357 round barrel, maybe a set of SASS Vaqueros in 357. You boys raid mama's purse and turn in some coke bottles, make it worth my while!

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

It ain’t over till it’s over! Last 2 matches I loaned pocket pistol and a LR rifle out. Got beat both times with my own durn gun!

im going to wait until after the drawing  to pay up :D

If you wait to pay up after the drawing I can guarantee you won't be the winner :lol:

Archived