SASS Wire Forum

California gun law question

Alpo

Does California require you to keep your guns unloaded when they are stored at your house, and the guns locked up, and the ammunition also locked up in a separate location?

No.

23 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

No.

Don’t certain cities have their own laws like maybe Los Angeles maybe?

The answer is no, but yes...

California penal code 25100 makes it a crime to allow a minor access to a firearm.

That is a misdemeanor.

If a kid actually finds your firearm and shoots himself or others, then the crime is now a felony.

It is a defense to a charge under this section if the firearm was unloaded and locked in an approved storage container as written in PC 25505.

So 25100 does not require firearms storage unloaded and in a safe, but 25505 makes doing so a defense against a charge under 25100.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Don’t certain cities have their own laws like maybe Los Angeles maybe?

Certain cities maybe, certain cities in other states have laws like that too. 

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Certain cities maybe, certain cities in other states have laws like that too. 

That's what I thought.

In Ohio the state law overules any stupid laws that cities might try to pass. Many other states don't have this protection!

Ohio......The Wild Midwest!;):FlagAm: 

I was just reading Hawaii's gun laws (shudder). 

A job opportunity came up and I thought about it until I read the gun laws there. Now I am trying to find a way to gracefully bow out without offending the person making the offer.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A job opportunity came up and I thought about it until I read the gun laws there. Now I am trying to find a way to gracefully bow out without offending the person making the offer.

Just tell them you don't look good in flowerdy shirts.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Now I am trying to find a way to gracefully bow out without offending the person making the offer.

"I appreciate the offer, but there ain't no way in hell that I would live in that communist state."

I don't see how that could offend the person. Unless he's the governor and or the owner of Hawaii.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just tell them that you love their company, but their state's restrictive gun laws make it impossible.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Just tell'em you'll rust :lol:

Cost of living is very high in HI.

OLG 

57 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am just going to say “No thanks”.

Blame it on your wife, works everytime! She doesn’t want to move!

Not entirely on topic but...A good rule of thumb for California is to ask yourself: 1) is it cool? And 2) do I want it? If the answer to either of those is "yes," then it's more than likely not legal. 

14 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am just going to say “No thanks”.

Tell them you have been such a sinful man in your life that it just wouldn't be right to for you to have the pleasure of residing in such a paradise as Hawaii. 

Archived