SASS Wire Forum

SPF Non-SASS Ammo 260 REM $20/box

Diamond Jake

With the ammo shortage, and me with plenty of handloads for four different hunting calibers, I decided to offer my factory loads for 260 REM if anybody on here needs them.

Remington 140 gr Core-Lokt: 2 full boxes plus 18 rounds in another box.

Federal Premium 140 gr Gameking BTSP: 1 full box

Fusion 120 gr: 2 full boxes

These were originally $35-$40 per box, but I'll take $20/box if you buy them all or $25/box individually.

image1.jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

22 hours ago, Grass Range said:

Is that the shipped price? If so I will take them

Yes Grass Range, that's the shipped price.  Five full boxes only...I shot some of the open box Remington's yesterday and will save the rest of that box for deer season.

I think I sent you a PM; if you didn't get it, send me your mailing address.

3 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

What rifle ya'll shooting? I'm looking at getting another rifle in this caliber.

I reload for it now but always pick up any ammunition when I see it at a fair price.

I bought this Ruger M77 Compact in 260 REM about two years after the cartridge was released.  Love the light weight and short barrel...I have a lightweight 2-7X32 scope on it.  I use it in thicker woods and up in tree stands.  Shot several deer with it.  Since then I bought a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM, which I can load with the same bullets and powder, but tailor the rounds for farther range shooting.  The American has a longer barrel and more powerful scope, which comes in handy when hunting in more open areas.

260 at shooting bench.JPG

Me and Crabclaw 1.JPG

My wife and son share a Savage, which I sometimes shoot. I don’t like the action but love the accuracy. I’ve been looking at the tikka. One thing I liked about the Tikkas in reading  is their 260’s have the same twist rate as the Creedmore of 1:8. Originally the 260 was 1:10, then others 1:9. 
I bought our Savage 260 for $389 new with that budget Nikon scope. I shorted the stock and added a cheek piece for them. Did a rattle can cami job on stock. Shortened barrel to 18”. Fantastic youth/ladies rifle but like many Savages cycles poorly
I absolutely love the round. Just need a rifle that fits me.

32 minutes ago, Grass Range said:

$120 for all if I am correct?

The five full boxes would be $100.  I could give you the other 10 partial box for another $10.  I know it's a low price, but I just want to help out other shooters that are stuck with no ammo.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, Grass Range said:

Grass Range, please clean out your private messages so I can send you.  I need info for shipping.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, Grass Range said:

Grass, I still haven't heard from you.  If I don't hear back by Thanksgiving I will put back up for sale.

Archived