SASS Wire Forum

Pretty little thing

DeaconKC

Well picked up a little Stoeger 20 Gauge from layaway today. Saw it on the used rack and it was so trim and elegant I couldn't resist it. Looks unfired by the breech face. And with the slightly longer barrels, it drops open smoothly, unlike a coach gun length. .Okay, I am a sucker for SxS shotguns.

37 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

Good on ya & congrats !! But without pictures - it never happened.:o

HAHA. Just what I was thinking.

need pictures of this beauty.

Kind know what you mean.   Have picked up a pair of 20 ga SxS recently, only mine are SKB 100.      Not for SASS but bird hunting and mine twin G kids when they are older      GW

Sorry about the packing boxes, we are in the middle of moving!

23 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Can not pick the time when a deal comes around      GW

Mine split both sides of the stock at the top where it meets the frame. Check for a little space between wood and metal there. If you need to, cut a spacer out of an old credit card for the stock bolt to go through between the stock and receiver. Other than that I love my 20ga Uplander. It is my go to gun for Cowboy Skeet.

4 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Okay, I am a sucker for SxS shotguns.

So am I, but they gotta have hammers to be truly beautiful to these old eyes!

13 hours ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Mine split both sides of the stock at the top where it meets the frame. Check for a little space between wood and metal there. If you need to, cut a spacer out of an old credit card for the stock bolt to go through between the stock and receiver. Other than that I love my 20ga Uplander. It is my go to gun for Cowboy Skeet.

I've seen more than a few that needed AcraGlass bedding between the stock & rear of the receiver. Others had threaded rod repairs in the wrist.

Thankfully, mine looks like the wood to metal fit is good. I will definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks

On 11/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, DeaconKC said:

I resemble that remark. We just moved from Las Vegas to the Black Hills in South Dakota. We get our stuff tomorrow. I promise moving 6000 lbs of lead and ammo was an under taking for sure. Not to mention all the other shop stuff. Omg! Good luck with your move. 

Archived