SASS Wire Forum

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR

Colorado Coffinmaker

:)  Yes, It is.  It's that time of year.  Time for Joy.  Time for Celebrations.  Time for Giving.  Time for Receiving.  Yes . . . . Receiving.  Receiving CATALOGUES!!  It is sure Enough CATALOGUE season again.  A deluge of every conceivable catalogue on the planet.  Your hear's desire, whether you thought you had that desire or not, HERE is you golden opportunity!!  A catalogue for everything.

Use to get two, or perhaps three in a week.  Now, between 5 and 10 EVERY DAY!!  Hawking everything from Thumb Tacks to Tack Pullers.  Every imaginable package able item on the planet is represented.  Foods we didn't know existed.  Foods we wish we didn't know existed.

SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION!!  (Stolen famous line from Dog Patch)  Catalogue Season is HERE!!!  REJOICE!!  (Whom was Joice anyway)

My hoader Aunt was on every catalog list usally at least 2 a day 

then AOL started sending out  AOL CDs  it seems they bought every list they could  '

in 2 months she had over 200 of them 

22 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION!!  (Stolen famous line from Dog Patch)  Catalogue Season is HERE!!!  REJOICE!!  (Whom was Joice anyway)

................. check the catalogue .............

23 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

If you truly want to be immortal get on a few dozen catalog lists and watch them grow into more than you would ever have believed.

My dad is still receiving catalogs 11 years after he died. Many continue to have a sticker on them saying "this may be your last free catalog"... :rolleyes:

I try to walk to the mailbox each day. It's at least a half mile one way so it's a good stretch of the legs. Not that long ago I could go shortly after lunch and the mail had ran.  Then it got to be more like 2:30.  Then after 3:00.  In the last month or so, I'd get to the mailbox after 3:30 and it hadn't ran.  Now I'm starting out at 4:00.  Got to the mailbox and no mail.  But here comes the mailman.  He hands me my mail.  He was quick to tell me the volume of Amazon deliveries were just killing him.  (I'm sure other online business also.)  Said it'll be well up in the evening before he gets his route ran.  Off he went in a cloud of dust. 

I can understand the volume increase.  But his route is not any longer. Likely the number of boxes hasn't grown much.  Why would putting another small package or shipping envelope in a box take that much longer?

The Post Office delivers Amazon packages in some places.  Increased the volume of some routes plus getting out of the vehicle walking to the door and back. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Keep hold of all those catalogs... after there is no more toilet paper you will be happy you have them... :blink:

Pssst...watch out for staples!

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I try to walk to the mailbox each day. It's at least a half mile one way so it's a good stretch of the legs. Not that long ago I could go shortly after lunch and the mail had ran.  Then it got to be more like 2:30.  Then after 3:00.  In the last month or so, I'd get to the mailbox after 3:30 and it hadn't ran.  Now I'm starting out at 4:00.  Got to the mailbox and no mail.  But here comes the mailman.  He hands me my mail.  He was quick to tell me the volume of Amazon deliveries were just killing him.  (I'm sure other online business also.)  Said it'll be well up in the evening before he gets his route ran.  Off he went in a cloud of dust. 

I can understand the volume increase.  But his route is not any longer. Likely the number of boxes hasn't grown much.  Why would putting another small package or shipping envelope in a box take that much longer?

They run 7 days a week here. Something tells me they are running more than one load each day.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:48 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My dad is still receiving catalogs 11 years after he died. Many continue to have a sticker on them saying "this may be your last free catalog"... :rolleyes:

I;m still getting them for my wife (and for me to buy gifts for her) almost five years after she passed away.  PITA.

On 11/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Mom passed in the fall of '04. We still get catalogs addressed to her occasionally:blink::blush:

I get mail for the ex wife all the time. Only from AAA. We divorced 18 years ago

On my way to pick up the mail (from my mailbox) I pass (twice) by a big blue container into which I deposit 95.0% of everything that the nice lady on the USPS mini truck has stuffed the mailbox with.  I usually keep such undesirables as bills.  The rest goes bye, bye.  I can't imagine how the local drugstores and food emporiums manage to subsist without my taking advantage of their special prices.   

I get the paper catalog a day or two after I get the on-line catalog. :wacko:

On 11/18/2020 at 4:50 PM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Keep hold of all those catalogs... after there is no more toilet paper you will be happy you have them... :blink:

i was thonking the same thing - there was a day when sears rohbuck was the king of the outhouse 

Archived