SASS Wire Forum

Clip

Prairie Dog

18 minutes ago, Doc Red Dawg, SASS #16761 said:

To me this looks like a Remington for their semi-auto/ pump rifles. (???):huh:

Doc RD

Ditto.  Looks just like the magazine out of my Remington 7600.

Magazine-Clip-Featured.jpg

...we now resume our previously scheduled thread. <_<

Anyway, it shows how inconvenient it is that very few magazines are ever marked with the model of firearm they belong to, let alone manufacturer. I have boxes full of magazines, and if I ever turn senile I'm going to have a really hard time telling which of my guns each one goes to.

So, what do all the pedants on the forum load their rifle and pistol magazines with?

For all of you who immediately thought “bullets,” or heaven forbid, "shells," and not “cartridges,” turn in your Pedantic card at the desk, hang your head in shame, and exit to the left. 

This is something that I find slightly funny.

If I referred to a detachable box magazine as a finglefonkin, and asked if anyone knew where I could get a finglefonkin for an Ortgies 32, there would be a bunch of, "huh? A what?" type responses.

Because no one would know what I meant by a finglefonkin.

But if I asked if they knew where I could get a clip for an Ortgies 32, every single solitary person on this board would know what I was looking for. Many of them would feel the need to inform me that that's not what it was, but they would know what I wanted. So if they know that when I say clip I mean a detachable box magazine, then obviously in their mind a clip is a detachable box magazine.

It's like buffalo. You call that big hairy cow a buffalo, and somebody will feel the need to correct you and tell you that it is a bison. But they knew what I was talking about, so obviously they know it's a buffalo also. They just don't want to admit it.

19 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

If you toured an aircraft carrier on Navy Day and told one of the crew how much you liked his boat he'd still know what you meant. He'd also still throw you overboard though.

;)

Funny, a few of the Navy vets I know refer to the ships they served on as boats. I can’t say what comments one has for the “boat” he served on, the Kitty Hawk. None of them are kind, though.

Oh, btw, the US Army in their manuals for the 1911 refer to the magazine as a clip...

Yup...

On 11/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Magazine-Clip-Featured.jpg

...we now resume our previously scheduled thread. <_<

Anyway, it shows how inconvenient it is that very few magazines are ever marked with the model of firearm they belong to, let alone manufacturer. I have boxes full of magazines, and if I ever turn senile I'm going to have a really hard time telling which of my guns each one goes to.

Put the clip on your magazine to mark your page.

Put your magazines in a baggie with a note identifying them.

Archived